Re: [softrock40] Multiple Softrock Lite II accessible now from Android through the WebSDR server

  • hs0zed
    Message 1 of 19 , Jan 21, 2013
      I would like to see this Android application but from both my phone and tablet,
      going to the Play Store or clicking on the website link I get a message that it
      cannot be found.

      Trying through the website and requesting the web browser to access the PA
      it says that the requested URL was not found on the server.

      Any ideas how can I get this AP?

      Thanks
      Martin, HS0ZED

      Google

      > TV, with a minimum resolution of 320x240 and Android version 2.1 or
      higher;
      > - tuning through the rotary knob or by directly entering the frequency
      > from a numeric keypad (in MHz);
      > - 16 presets (including frequency, mode, info. For each of the 16
      > memories all parameters are saved (freq, alias, description, band, mode,
      > etc);
      > - ON/OFF button. When off, the application is disconnected from the
      > WebSDR server;
      > - select band from the pool pf available ones;
      > - select operation mode (AM/ LSB/USB/CW);
      > - display: SWR in both graphical and text mode;
      > - possibility to change font size by sliding the finger up or down
      > through the right part of the frequency display (MHz, Band zone). Font size
      >
      > Is stored in the config file and displayed on the startup screen at next
      > run;
      > - a FN key to extend the number of memories to 16 and add future
      > functionality to some buttons;
      > - work in both portrait and landscape modes;
      > - UTC clock included in the interface;
      >
      > Current limitation:
      > - there is no waterfall (standard transceiver like interface);
      > - fixed bandwidth for each mode;
      >
      > If you want to test it you can download it for free directly from Googlr
      > Play Store (search for Pocket AM/CW/SSB Receiver) or following the link
      > available on my web site.
      > An user guide is available online (inside the app) or offline (as pdf) on my
      >
      > site.
      >
      > I would be very happy if you test it and send me your feedback.
      >
      > Same server is accessible from the PC at the following address:
      > http://websdr.yo3ggx.ro:8765
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > 73 Dan YO3GGX

    • Dan
      Message 2 of 19 , Jan 21, 2013
        Hi,

        Because of a licensing issue I was asked to remove the app from Play Store.
        Sorry for the inconvenience.
        I hope that a better app will be available in the future.

        73 Dan YO3GGX

      • Dan
        Message 3 of 19 , Feb 3, 2013
          Hi all,

          The application is now back in Play Store (with the same id, so if you still have the old version it will be automatically updated.
          Now the connection to the Softrock Lite SDR Receivers is done directly, not through WebSDR and new features were added:
          - select bandwidth (Normal/Narrow/Wide) for SDR reception;
          - possibility to connect to Ham Radio Deluxe console through the network;
          - CAT control over Bluetooth for FT8x7 transceivers.

          If you play with it please send me your feedback as the app is still in alpha.
          A short presentation video (sorry for the slightly off-focus image) is available on Youtube:
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3LWF4xa6nE

          Thank you and apologies for this a little but OT message.

          73 Dan YO3GGX
          http://www.yo3ggx.ro

          On 1/20/2013 11:50 PM, Tom Hoflich wrote:

          Dan,
          Thanks, that works great.
          Again, great piece of software.

          I just ordered the bluetooth module for the FT 8x7.
          Just downloaded your app for that.
          It looks very familiar.     :>)
          Can't wait to try it.
          Any tips?