Re: [softrock40] Re: HDSDR and Si570....

    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: HDSDR and Si570....

      > I have double checked it. Yes the DLL is in the same directory as the program, no nothing else has control of the Si570. It is
      > very puzzling.

      Steve,

      Yes, puzzling. If CFGSR works then I can't see why the DLL from CFGSR's menu does not work with HDSDR.
      SDR# is a receive program that should just work. Try that. Link and info here
      https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/connecting-soundcard-sdr-to-computer

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • warrenallgyer
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
        Steve

        Just to reinforce Alan....the DLL must be in the HDSDR folder "naked". It must not be enclosed in a folder.

        Warren Allgyer- W8TOD

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

        > Hi Alan,
        >
        > Thanks for the quick response. I have double checked it. Yes the DLL is in the same directory as the program, no nothing else has control of the Si570. It is very puzzling.
        >
        > 73s Steve

      • Stephen
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
          Hi Warren,

          Thanks. It is in the same folder as the program. I also moved CFGSR in there as well. Still no difference. SDR# works FB though it points to the fact that the RX is not working as it should. The Si570 seems to tune OK but all I am receiving is noise. I'll recheck the signal path tomorrow when I can see in the daylight.

          73s Steve G0XAR

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "warrenallgyer" wrote:

          > Steve
          >
          > Just to reinforce Alan....the DLL must be in the HDSDR folder "naked". It must not be enclosed in a folder.
          >
          > Warren Allgyer- W8TOD
          >
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:
          > >

          > > Hi Alan,
          > >
          > > Thanks for the quick response. I have double checked it. Yes the DLL is in the same directory as the program, no nothing else has control of the Si570. It is very puzzling.
          > >
          > > 73s Steve

        • MIKE DURKIN
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
            check to make sure no CFGSR are running in the background when starting HDSDR ....

            To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
            From: alan4alan@...
            Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 19:51:22 +0000
            Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: HDSDR and Si570....

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 21, 2013
              Hi Guys,

              I have solved the problem. To be fair to me I was mislead by yet another of the many quirks of the Windows 7 system which is why I gave up using Windows and migrated everything I could to Apple Macs last year.

              On a standard Windows 7 system you need to copy the DLL files into C:\Program Files(x86)\HDSDR

              If you use the Start Menu then list All Programs then right click on HDSDR and choose OPEN from the menu you end up at:

              C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Programs\HDSDR

              this has a shortcut to HDSDR and to all intents and purposes looked to me like its where the DLLs should live. But it isn't.

              Hopefully this will help someone else from falling into the same trap.

              73s Steve G0XAR
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2013

                > I have solved the problem. To be fair to me I was mislead by yet another of the many quirks of the Windows 7 system which is why I
                > gave up using Windows and migrated everything I could to Apple Macs last year.

                Steve,

                Glad you sorted yourself out.
                But, with respect, how come the Mac is any different?
                It is just a matter of understanding how things work, knowing your way round the file system. I'd be lost on a Mac, and Linux but I
                would not blame them when I lost my way.