Re: HDSDR and Si570....

  • Stephen
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
      Hi Alan,

      Thanks for the quick response. I have double checked it. Yes the DLL is in the same directory as the program, no nothing else has control of the Si570. It is very puzzling.

      73s Steve
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
          Steve

          Just to reinforce Alan....the DLL must be in the HDSDR folder "naked". It must not be enclosed in a folder.

          Warren Allgyer- W8TOD

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:

          > Hi Alan,
          >
          > Thanks for the quick response. I have double checked it. Yes the DLL is in the same directory as the program, no nothing else has control of the Si570. It is very puzzling.
          >
          > 73s Steve

        • Stephen
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
            Hi Warren,

            Thanks. It is in the same folder as the program. I also moved CFGSR in there as well. Still no difference. SDR# works FB though it points to the fact that the RX is not working as it should. The Si570 seems to tune OK but all I am receiving is noise. I'll recheck the signal path tomorrow when I can see in the daylight.

            73s Steve G0XAR

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "warrenallgyer" wrote:

            > Steve
            >
            > Just to reinforce Alan....the DLL must be in the HDSDR folder "naked". It must not be enclosed in a folder.
            >
            > Warren Allgyer- W8TOD
            >
            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Stephen" wrote:
            > >

            > > Hi Alan,
            > >
            > > Thanks for the quick response. I have double checked it. Yes the DLL is in the same directory as the program, no nothing else has control of the Si570. It is very puzzling.
            > >
            > > 73s Steve

          • MIKE DURKIN
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 20, 2013
              check to make sure no CFGSR are running in the background when starting HDSDR ....

              To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
              From: alan4alan@...
              Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 19:51:22 +0000
              Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: HDSDR and Si570....

              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 21, 2013
                Hi Guys,

                I have solved the problem. To be fair to me I was mislead by yet another of the many quirks of the Windows 7 system which is why I gave up using Windows and migrated everything I could to Apple Macs last year.

                On a standard Windows 7 system you need to copy the DLL files into C:\Program Files(x86)\HDSDR

                If you use the Start Menu then list All Programs then right click on HDSDR and choose OPEN from the menu you end up at:

                C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Programs\HDSDR

                this has a shortcut to HDSDR and to all intents and purposes looked to me like its where the DLLs should live. But it isn't.

                Hopefully this will help someone else from falling into the same trap.

                73s Steve G0XAR
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 21, 2013