Re: ensamble tx on both sidebands at the same time

  • PAUL
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
      Thanks Alan
      Using the meter on ac is a good tip
      Looks like I have signal where I expect it
      Think I will lift out T2 next

      Paul

      > Subject: [softrock40] ensamble tx on both sidebands at the same time
      >

      > > Any one had this? Receive works perfectly but I am transmitting on upper and lower sideband at the same time. I have changed sound
      > > cards and confirmed that the output is stereo. I also noticed that I could not set the tx channel skew calibration in HDSDR as it
      > > had no effect.
      > >
      > > I guess I need to look at the TX mixer, could I have wound one of the transformers incorrectly to cause this?
      > >

      > Paul,
      >
      > You are certain you have two signals in and no shorts between them?
      > It is possible T2 is at fault.
      > If your meter AC range is specified to 10KHz, many are, then TX close to centre and check that the 4 opamp outputs are much the
      > same.
      >
      > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

    • ejfelix4976
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "PAUL" wrote:

        > Thanks Alan
        > Using the meter on ac is a good tip
        > Looks like I have signal where I expect it
        > Think I will lift out T2 next
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" wrote:

        I just ran into this while testing my Ensemble RXTX a couple of days
        ago.
        I was using the mic input to the sound card and the line out to the rxtx
        I could transmit, but after looking at it with a spectrum analyzer,
        I was transmitting DSB.
        Turns out the Mic input was not being processed by the software
        When I looked at it with an oscilloscope, the two channels were in
        phase on the sound card line out.

        Hope this helps,
        73,
        Ed
      • PAUL
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 21, 2013
          That's very interesting Ed
          I thought I had solved it having rewound t2 and sending a tone from Rocky it looked like I was txing on USB. However when using a mic and testing fully I found I was on DSB

          Perhaps I also have the same problem as you? I will recheck by sending the tone from rocky again and will pay more attention to the result.

          Thanks hopefully that's it.
          Paul