KM5H Enclosure Dimensions.

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 19, 2013
      Hi All,
      Is there a drawing of the KM5H case showing the Ensemble TXRX in its mounted position ? I am trying to ensure that any modification I offer to the group shall not clash with the inner walls of the box. If someone could tell me :-

      1 )The likely MINIMUM dimension from the PCB upper surface to the internal roof surface.

      2 ) The clearance from the edge of the PCB to the internal walls.

      Thanks in advance.
      Ed Gm3sbc
    • Chris Wilson
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 19, 2013

        > Hi All,
        > Is there a drawing of the KM5H case showing the Ensemble TXRX in
        > its mounted position ? I am trying to ensure that any modification I
        > offer to the group shall not clash with the inner walls of the box. If someone could tell me :-

        > 1 )The likely MINIMUM dimension from the PCB upper surface to the internal roof surface.

        > 2 ) The clearance from the edge of the PCB to the internal walls.

        > Thanks in advance.
        > Ed Gm3sbc

        19/01/2013 13:16

        Minimum (absolute maximum clearance to the top of the heat sink on
        the PA) is 11 mm, and that's damned tight. Next highest item is the
        USB socket. Photos of my encased unit at
        http://www.gatesgarth.com/clearance.zip

        Hope that helps Ed.

        --
        Best Regards,
        Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 19, 2013

          > Hi All,
          > Is there a drawing of the KM5H case showing the Ensemble TXRX in
          > its mounted position ? I am trying to ensure that any modification I
          > offer to the group shall not clash with the inner walls of the box. If someone could tell me :-

          > 1 )The likely MINIMUM dimension from the PCB upper surface to the internal roof surface.

          > 2 ) The clearance from the edge of the PCB to the internal walls.

          > Thanks in advance.
          > Ed Gm3sbc

          19/01/2013 13:19

          24 mm exactly from PCB top surface to lid. 11 mm each end of PCB to
          ends of case. 9 mm from rear edge of PCB to back of case. Front edge
          of PCB board is flush to inside front edge of case's front panel.

          --
          Best Regards,
          Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 19, 2013
            Thanks Chris, Just what I was after.If I may, I shall get in touch by email at some point.
            Thanks Ed

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Chris Wilson wrote:

            > > Hi All,
            > > Is there a drawing of the KM5H case showing the Ensemble TXRX in
            > > its mounted position ? I am trying to ensure that any modification I
            > > offer to the group shall not clash with the inner walls of the box. If someone could tell me :-
            >
            > > 1 )The likely MINIMUM dimension from the PCB upper surface to the internal roof surface.
            >
            > > 2 ) The clearance from the edge of the PCB to the internal walls.
            >
            > > Thanks in advance.
            > > Ed Gm3sbc
            >

            > 19/01/2013 13:19
            >
            > 24 mm exactly from PCB top surface to lid. 11 mm each end of PCB to
            > ends of case. 9 mm from rear edge of PCB to back of case. Front edge
            > of PCB board is flush to inside front edge of case's front panel.
            >
            > --
            > Best Regards,
            > Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY

          • Chris Wilson
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 19, 2013

              > Thanks Chris, Just what I was after.If I may, I shall get in touch by email at some point.
              > Thanks Ed

              19/01/2013 17:18

              By all means Ed, chris@... or I can send my Skype address
              by e-mail if you prefer to speak. Cheers, and good luck with it, you
              always sound good on air with the RXTX!

              --
              Best Regards,
              Chris Wilson. 2E0ILY