Re: [softrock40] Re: Possible error in online instructions for RX Ensemble II?

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 17, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Possible error in online instructions for RX Ensemble II?

      > With the jumpers parallel, PSDR works just right.

      Craig

      Yes, but "Test" is the keyword. From time to time we do get messages that say the opposite. Maybe there are some cards that have
      their input reversed. Maybe leads get crossed, or their brains:)

      > As to PSDR, haven't been able to make the auto image reject routine work. HDSDR is the best for my use, so far.

      I hear some of the later versions need a really strong signal to get the rejection to kick in. Then it works well.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • EB4APL
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 18, 2013
        Craig,

        First of all, I'm sorry very much if I have offended you or if I looked
        rude or so, I must apologize and sincerely I do. English is not my
        native language and I have a lot of limitations that may sound in a way
        not intended.
        And second, you are TOTALLY RIGHT, the links must be parallel, I was
        talking from memory and it is not a good thing at 2 am, even I didn't
        paid enough attention to the whole thread. I opened my 3 current
        Ensembles and the wires are parallel.

        I must repeat that I'm very sorry for all this affair.

        Best regards,
        Ignacio, EB4APL

        On 18/01/2013 5:32, n7or wrote:
        > Where the problem is? Both you and the online instructions have it
        > backward. I will now say it for the third and final time. PSDR needs the
        > jumpers to be PARALLEL, not crossed.
        >
        > I thought I was trying to help. I even tested on my two Ensemble II
        > receivers, but you obviously know more than I do.
        >
        > Forget that I ever mentioned it, and don't reply anymore. It does not
        > matter.
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>,
        > EB4APL wrote:
        > >
        > > And you won't be able to do that without crossing the jumpers.
        > > If you don't plan to never use PSDR you can set the jumpers parallel,
        > > but if you will be tempted to try it, cross the links. Where the
        > > problem is?
        > > It has been explained here several times that all known SDR programs
        > > EXCEPT PSDR have options to invert I/Q signals in software so they work
        > > with either configuration, but being PSDR a program developed for an
        > > specific hardware doesn´t have this capability since it was made
        > > according to the way this hardware works. PSDR derivatives made by
        > > third parties to support non Flex Radio hardware usually don't include
        > > the I/Q inversion.
        > >
        > > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
        > >

        > > On 18/01/2013 0:55, n7or wrote:
        > > > Yes, I was talking about the RX Ensemble II. RX only.
        > > >
        > > > With the jumpers parallel, PSDR works just right.
        > > >
        > > > As to PSDR, haven't been able to make the auto image reject routine
        > > > work. HDSDR is the best for my use, so far.
        > > >
        > > > 73, Craig - N7OR

      • Zack Widup
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 18, 2013
          You COULD flip the wires in the audio cable between the Softrock and
          the sound card as well. In fact, I was thinking of making up another
          audio cable myself with reversed wires at one end. Perhaps someone
          sells a cable that is already flipped and this is what is being used
          with PSDR when it seems to work?

          73, Zack W9SZ