Is there an All Band (HF) RX/TX in the works?

  • hlyingst
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 17, 2013
      I am currently building an Ensemble RX II (nice kit BTW)

      I would like to see a RX/TX version for all of HF.
      Is there currently anything coming up for that?

      Thank you
    • Dave Miller
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 17, 2013
        You can look at UHFSDR for that. But its all about the filtering. The core portion is wide bandwidth up to limits in the Mixer ( QSD) portin.
        The Peaberry which is very similar on the RF filtering receives every frequency below the max very nicely. The filtering is just a Low Pass Filter so on my 40/80/20 RX on 80 and 160 is quite nice.

        Dave
        VE7PKE

        On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM, hlyingst <hlyingst@...> wrote:

        I am currently building an Ensemble RX II (nice kit BTW)

        I would like to see a RX/TX version for all of HF.
        Is there currently anything coming up for that?

        Thank you

      • The Silver Fox
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 17, 2013

          Check out the UHFSDR.

          73,

          Alan – W6ARH

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 17, 2013
            Thank you

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "The Silver Fox" wrote:

            > Check out the UHFSDR.
            >
            > 73,
            >
            > Alan - W6ARH

          • hlyingst
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 17, 2013
              Thank you

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Dave Miller wrote:

              > You can look at UHFSDR for that. But its all about the filtering. The core
              > portion is wide bandwidth up to limits in the Mixer ( QSD) portin.
              > The Peaberry which is very similar on the RF filtering receives every
              > frequency below the max very nicely. The filtering is just a Low Pass
              > Filter so on my 40/80/20 RX on 80 and 160 is quite nice.
              >
              > Dave
              > VE7PKE
              >
              > On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 10:15 AM, hlyingst wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > I am currently building an Ensemble RX II (nice kit BTW)
              > >
              > > I would like to see a RX/TX version for all of HF.
              > > Is there currently anything coming up for that?
              > >
              > > Thank you

            • ricks_wv
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 20, 2013
              • David Turnbull
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 20, 2013
                  Poas is a volcano in Costa Rica, which would make the surrounding area
                  very suitable for growing coffee arabica. The burlap sack in the photo
                  is the most common bulk packaging for transporting the unroasted
                  (green) beans.

                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peaberry

                  My other hobby is roasting coffee. I've been doing that for 15 years
                  so it's more habit than hobby at this point.

                  73 David AE9RB
                  http://AE9RB.com/

                • warrenallgyer
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 21, 2013
                    David

                    How DARE you take time off for vacation!

                    Get back home and back to work on that new transceiver! We are waiting..... (tap)....(tap).....(tap)....

                    Warren Allgyer - W8TOD