Re: [softrock40] external LPF

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] external LPF

      > Simple answer--it would likely cause a problem.
      >
      > You should switch both the input and the output of the filters using a 2
      > pole 3 position switch.

      For years, as recommended by Tony we have been adding an extra, in series, external LPF to our Softrocks.
      Now we are getting posts like this.
      Is this more theoretical?
      Does it really make very much difference?

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Shirley Márquez Dúlcey
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 16, 2013
        If you're using a single band external filter you don't need any switches. That's probably the most common arrangement.

        If you DO switch the external filters, you should use a 2 pole switch as K5BCQ suggests.