Re: [softrock40] External LPF circuit board availability???

  • R. R. (Robby) Robson
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
      Good stuff.  I have added both suggestions (Alan's and Tony's) to the final stage in the build docs.

      On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 2:03 AM, Parks, Tony <kb9yig@...> wrote:
      I would suggest that the external LP filter could be built along a 1.5 inch long piece of of #12 copper wire.  The copper wire would be the common connection with the wound cores flat and slightly above the wire.  The filter capacitors would connect between the core wires and the copper wire as shown in the schematic on page 3 of the RXTX schematic sheets.  Short lengths of coax would be connected to each end with the copper wire used to strain relief the coax.  The filter could them be enclosed in an insulated sleeve and "potted" with RTV.

      --
      Cheers,
      Robby

      Richard R. (Robby) Robson
      LTC USA (RET)
    • Kees & Sandy
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
        Virgil, K5OOR, used to offer a manually switched 160-10m LPF but no longer carries them. I have a qty of those boards and the rotary switch and will provide the boards only for $8 postpaid in the USA (shipped in a standard envelope), or the board and the 10WA175 rotary switch for $15 postpaid in the USA (requires a padded envelope and $1.95 postage). I'll also send you Virgil's instruction sheet for the toroid winding and capacitor values.

        You can, of course buy complete LPF kits from various vendors, including Virgil, but they will cost more.

        73 Kees K5BCQ

        Anyone know where to get a circuit board to build
        the external LPF s for the Ensemble RXTX???

        thanks in advance,

        Paul K0ZYV

      • Brad Thompson
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
          On 1/13/2013 12:55 PM, Kees & Sandy wrote:
          > Virgil, K5OOR, used to offer a manually switched 160-10m LPF but no
          > longer carries them. I have a qty of those boards and the rotary switch
          > and will provide the boards only for $8 postpaid in the USA (shipped in
          > a standard envelope), or the board and the 10WA175 rotary switch for $15
          > postpaid in the USA (requires a padded envelope and $1.95 postage). I'll
          > also send you Virgil's instruction sheet for the toroid winding and
          > capacitor values.
          > You can, of course buy complete LPF kits from various vendors, including
          > Virgil, but they will cost more.
          > 73 Kees K5BCQ
          >Hello, Kees--
          If they're still available, I'd like to purchase two PC boards
          and two rotary switches. Please let me know the grand total and I'll
          send a PayPal payment to you.

          Thanks, and 73--

          Brad AA1IP
        • Brad Thompson
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
            Hello--

            *^#&$@!% Thunderbird e-mailer... "reply" trips me up AGAIN.
            My apologies to the group for airing what was meant to be
            a private reply to Kees.

            73--

            Brad AA1IP
          • Michael O'Bannon
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
              Kees,

              I'd like to order 4 of the bare LPF boards.  What would be the total cost including shipping?

              Thanks and 73,
              Michael  KD4SGN

              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 13, 2013
                My apologies to everyone on the list. I intended to send my previous
                message privately.

                73,
                Michael