Wanted

  • pauldebono@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 9, 2013
      I am looking for a 20 w linear amplifier kit, or just the bare pcb. The usual suppliers have them out of stock at present.

      Paul
    • terry.n8ab
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 9, 2013
        Paul,

        Who are the usual suppliers for a 20w linear amp?

        Terry, n8ab

        From: "pauldebono@..." <pawlud@...>
        Sender: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:05:19 -0000
        To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
        ReplyTo: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        Subject: [softrock40] Wanted

        I am looking for a 20 w linear amplifier kit, or just the bare pcb. The usual suppliers have them out of stock at present.

        Paul

      • Lawrence Galea
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 9, 2013
          http://www.radio-kits.co.uk/

          From: "pauldebono@..." <pawlud@...>
          Sender: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:05:19 -0000
          To: <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

          I am looking for a 20 w linear amplifier kit, or just the bare pcb. The usual suppliers have them out of stock at present.

          Paul

        • Malti
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 9, 2013
             Kees, K5BCQ is one of them.

            Paul

            Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 20:05:19 -0000

            I am looking for a 20 w linear amplifier kit, or just the bare pcb. The usual suppliers have them out of stock at present.

            Paul

          • wfahle
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 10, 2013
              If you can get the plans for one, the following site will do a run of 10 for 10 bucks. Slightly more for larger boards.
              http://imall.iteadstudio.com/open-pcb/pcb-prototyping.html

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "pauldebono@..." wrote:

              > I am looking for a 20 w linear amplifier kit, or just the bare pcb. The usual suppliers have them out of stock at present.
              >
              > Paul

            • PJ
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 10, 2013
                Take a look at the PennyWhistle. It runs about 20 watts on 160 to 6 if I recall correctly and is reasonably priiced and easy to build. It does require a LPF though.

                PJH, N7PXY
              • Bill Ress
                Message 7 of 8 , Jan 10, 2013

                  Hi Paul,

                  Interesting link indeed. Have you actually used these folks for PCB fab and if so was everything to your satisfaction?

                  Regards…Bill

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 10, 2013
                    Bill,

                    I've used them and as long as you comply with they're size limits they are very inexpensive and do a good job.
                    The boards are shipping from China so even though they do them quickly it can take over a month to arrive.
                    I've got 10 boards headed my way now and they shipped a couple weeks ago.

                    John
                    KC9OJV