Re: [softrock40] Re: Will not TX Ensemble 40/30/20

    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 7, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Will not TX Ensemble 40/30/20

      > yes i have TX audio coming out of the sound card going into the Softrock. you can hear it on a speaker when pluged in to the
      > card.

      Let us know your exact setup.
      You cannot just run HRD and DM. The audio output is just baseband mono, there is no PTT interface.
      You need to use something like PSDR, or maybe HDSDR to interface HRD with a Softrock using CAT.
      Is that what you are doing?

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • kd4pqf
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 8, 2013
        I am running HDSDR to control freq.then threw Virtual audio cable I am going to input of DM.. the out put of DM goes threw a USB modem and is feed to the line out of the ensemble.... do i need to setup.
        What am I missing?

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 8, 2013

          > I am running HDSDR to control freq.then threw Virtual audio cable I am going to input of DM.. the out put of DM goes threw a USB
          > modem and is feed to the line out of the ensemble.... do i need to setup.
          > What am I missing?

          Well, part way there.
          I've never used DM so I'm a bit in the dark.

          The output of DM has to go to the HDSDR via VAC. Then Line out to "Line out"

          How do you get HDSDR to TX?
          Does the Ensemble go to TX? Difficult to be sure, I always fit a LED like here https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/add_lpf

          Are you using HRD? I can't help thinking this is the only way to get HDSDR to automatically go to TX with DM.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • kd4pqf
          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 8, 2013
            OK thanks ill make me another VAC and see what happens

            > Subject: [softrock40] Re: Will not TX Ensemble 40/30/20
            >

            > > I am running HDSDR to control freq.then threw Virtual audio cable I am going to input of DM.. the out put of DM goes threw a USB
            > > modem and is feed to the line out of the ensemble.... do i need to setup.
            > > What am I missing?
            >
            > Well, part way there.
            > I've never used DM so I'm a bit in the dark.
            >
            > The output of DM has to go to the HDSDR via VAC. Then Line out to "Line out"
            >
            > How do you get HDSDR to TX?
            > Does the Ensemble go to TX? Difficult to be sure, I always fit a LED like here https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/add_lpf
            >
            > Are you using HRD? I can't help thinking this is the only way to get HDSDR to automatically go to TX with DM.
            >
            > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

          • John Greusel
            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 8, 2013
              Might be worthwhile to leave HRD on the side and see if you can sort out what most everyone else is doing with software and then revisit it when you have the other elements working separately.

              John
              KC9OJV

              OK thanks ill make me another VAC and see what happens

              > Subject: [softrock40] Re: Will not TX Ensemble 40/30/20
              >

              > > I am running HDSDR to control freq.then threw Virtual audio cable I am going to input of DM.. the out put of DM goes threw a USB
              > > modem and is feed to the line out of the ensemble.... do i need to setup.
              > > What am I missing?
              >
              > Well, part way there.
              > I've never used DM so I'm a bit in the dark.
              >
              > The output of DM has to go to the HDSDR via VAC. Then Line out to "Line out"
              >
              > How do you get HDSDR to TX?
              > Does the Ensemble go to TX? Difficult to be sure, I always fit a LED like here https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/add_lpf
              >
              > Are you using HRD? I can't help thinking this is the only way to get HDSDR to automatically go to TX with DM.
              >
              > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

            • Michael Walker
              Message 6 of 13 , Jan 8, 2013
                Simply put:

                You need an SDR App (Like PowerSDR) to talk to the hardware.  Get that working first.

                Now, you can have HRD with DM780 or any other app talking to PowerSDR for Rigcontrol (PTT, etc) and DM780 listening and talking on VAC.

                I have yet to play with my Ensemble as I am just building it, but I do run a Flex5000 and I have also added VSP Manager to manage com ports.

                Confused yet?  :)  Baby steps first.

                Mike va3mw

                Message 7 of 13 , Jan 9, 2013

                  > I am running HDSDR to control freq.then threw Virtual audio cable I am going to input of DM.. the out put of DM goes threw a USB
                  > modem and is feed to the line out of the ensemble.... do i need to setup.
                  > What am I missing?

                  I was forgetting, you may use a COM port to set HDSDR to TX. This may be a virtual port linking to the other program.
                  I have added this to my HDSDR page.
                  The clue is seen if you look through "Options" in HDSDR. Most things I have forgotten about HDSDR I originally found myself either
                  by reading or experimenting.

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • Bruce Miller
                  Message 8 of 13 , Jan 9, 2013

                    I sent it back this morning.  Iam going to have them check it out.