Re: [softrock40] Help with CWSkimmer

  • VP
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
    I am using CW Skimmer with Softrock Lite II ( crystal oscilator 36 MHz) and IC-737 (second  IF for CW 9.0106 MHz ).
    I am attaching my CW Skimmer settings screenshots . Hope it will help.

    73 Valentinas LY2BOS

    At 05:38 PM 1/6/2013, you wrote:

    Hello all

    I have Softrock RXTX v. 6.3 on Si570 (USB control) or someone from the group
    uses such a set of CW Skimmer?

    if someone could tell me of you a hint on how I set CW Skimmer to Softrock
    worked with v. 6.3 ...?

    what do I type in the LO Frequency, Hz ......?

    This is one thing and the other set is the same as CW Skimmer

    what to send to the server decode ....?

    thanks

    73 , Jakub SQ8J

  • bxyza
    Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2013
      Jakub

      If you are using the Si570 this can become a interesting exercise. In the CW skimmer instructions it does a good job of explaining on how to do this, but it does not cover on how to do this with a Si570 Softrock.

      It depends on your setup and the software you are using to run the RXTX such as HDSDR or PowerSDR. In HDSDR you can readily see the LO frequency, but in PowerSDR you'll need CFGSR to determine the LO frequency. The key is the CW Skimmer IF HZ setting and finding a reliable source for the verification of what you are tuning to and the setting of the IF HZ setting. I used the ARRL CW Messsage broadcasts held at various times and bands.

      I tried VAC and got the same result as through direct I/Q. This link will do a lot to educate you on the settings. http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseCategory116.aspx
      73
      KD8IGK
      Bill