Ensemble II VHF Set Up

  • pmackanos
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2013
      I just finished building the Ensemble II VHF for 2 meters. Everything checked out OK according to the instructions.
      Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to set it up and use it?
      I want to monitor the local 145.11 Repeater on FM.
      I am confused on the directions and frequencies in the instructions.
      I would prefer to use HDSDR if possible.
      Running Windows XP with a standard 48Khz sound card.
      Help me ?
      Paul K2DB
    • Zack Widup

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2013
          Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble II VHF Set Up

          > I am confused on the directions and frequencies in the instructions.

          Paul,

          What instructions are confusing you?
          Is it CFGSR setup or what?

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • pmackanos
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
            It works fine, it is called "OPERATOR ERROR" :-)
            Calibrating the Si570 also helped. It works fine on both FM Repeaters and listening to the W2UTH 2 meter CW beacon in FN12HV,
            now that it works on 2 meters and I don't need it (Echo-link is fine for monitoring and talking on the local repeater) I will tear out the 2 meter components and make it a 6 meter receiver, then put it on a skimmer. :-)
            Paul K2DB

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Zack Widup wrote:

            > Mine runs fine with HDSDR. I did set it up with CFGSR and Rocky at first. I
            > just enter the frequency as 144.XXX MHz in HDSDR (or maybe HDSDR got the
            > frequency from the data programmed into the Si570 by CFGSR and Rocky).
            >
            > I use mine to receive CW/SSB, mostly as a microwave IF, but I use it to
            > receive beacons on 144 MHz also. I just peaked all the trimmers on the
            > board for maximum signal and then re-peaked all of them once more.
            > 73, Zack W9SZ
            > On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 1:46 PM, pmackanos wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >

            > > I just finished building the Ensemble II VHF for 2 meters. Everything
            > > checked out OK according to the instructions.
            > > Does anyone have detailed instructions on how to set it up and use it?
            > > I want to monitor the local 145.11 Repeater on FM.
            > > I am confused on the directions and frequencies in the instructions.
            > > I would prefer to use HDSDR if possible.
            > > Running Windows XP with a standard 48Khz sound card.
            > > Help me ?
            > > Paul K2DB

          • Zack Widup
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 9, 2013
              I got mine mainly to use as a microwave IF. It is significantly better to not have to hunt around in frequency for the signal of the other station while trying to align a dish at the same time.

              73, Zack W9SZ