RE: [softrock40] si570 driver

  • Justin Cumberland
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013

      The latest .net is installed, uninstalled config tool, it just keeps telling me it doesn't recognize the device then it does nothing, and Jo it doesn't even show the driver name

      JMC

      On Jan 4, 2013 5:08 PM, "MIKE DURKIN" <Patriot121@...> wrote:

      you need to install the drivers before installing the software ...

      Does the "DG8SAQ-I2C" device show in the device manger ...

      Did you install the Amateur Radio Certificate Authority before any of that? <---- probably should be done first ...

      please verify that you have installed the latest ".net" updates and rebooted ...

      mike

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
      Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 16:55:52 -0500
      Subject: RE: [softrock40] si570 driver

      I've been trying to install pe0fko but it says libUSB0 not found

      JMC

      On Jan 4, 2013 4:41 PM, "MIKE DURKIN" <Patriot121@...> wrote:

      did you already install the signed driver from pe0fko site?
      install latest .net package and rebooted with AVP pluged in?

      Mike

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
      Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000
      Subject: [softrock40] si570 driver

      Has anyone successfully installed and run an ensemble2 on vista 32 bit? Lib.USB is not found and nothing I do makes it run

    • MIKE DURKIN
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
        the click on it and click remove ... pull it out ..
        install the

        Amateur Radio Certificate Authority

        driver certificate ... ( its listed on pe0fko site too)

        then the drivers from pe0fko

        shut down

        plug in the avr

        power back on ...

        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

        From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
        Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013

          > For the 40,30,20 version of the Ensemble, could someone tell me what
          > peak-to-peak voltages are present at the base and collector of Q6?
          > There are tables of voltages measured with a DVM in the builder's
          > notes, but these differ from what would be seen on a scope.

          I've a page here giving some idea https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/levels-measured-in-a-softrock-tx But a DVM cannot be used
          for measuring RF. On Robby's pages it is used to show an approximate average of DC volts.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • MIKE DURKIN
          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
            the ceterficate found

            http://pe0fko.nl/ca/

            To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

            From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
            Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013

              The latest .net is installed, uninstalled config tool, it just keeps
              telling me it doesn't recognize the device then it does nothing, and Jo it
              doesn't even show the driver name

              All this is covered in the link I sent

              73 Alan G4ZFQ
            • Michael O'Bannon
              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
                Allen,

                Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I'd like peak-to-peak values
                as we see on a scope.

                Best regards,
                Michael

                  From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                  Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                    From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                    Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                      From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                      Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                      Has anyone successfully installed and run an ensemble2 on vista 32 bit? Lib.USB is not found and nothing I do makes it run

                    • William
                      Message 10 of 22 , Jan 8, 2013
                        I'm having the same problem...I get unknown device on both the Vista(x86) and the Windows 8 (x86) machines. When I attempt to update the driver it says that Windows choose the updated diver and nothing changes.

                        Does anyone have better documentation on how to get the drivers updated using Vista or Windows 8?

                        (Anyone interested in maybe updating the WB5RVZ site into a wiki format that could be peer edited as things change?)

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 8, 2013
                          Subject: [softrock40] Re: si570 driver

                          > I'm having the same problem...I get unknown device on both the Vista(x86) and the Windows 8 (x86) machines. When I attempt to
                          > update the driver it says that Windows choose the updated diver and nothing changes.

                          Have you looked here? https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/attiny_usb Most faults and cures or workrounds, although my knowledge
                          of Vista and W8 is nil.
                          If you have then what have I missed?

                          > (Anyone interested in maybe updating the WB5RVZ site into a wiki format that could be peer edited as things change?)

                          Robby does update.
                          In the form of a Wiki? This is a massive site, I can't imagine how this would work?

                          73 Alan G4ZFQ

                          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Justin Cumberland wrote:
                          >>
                          >> Libusb0.DLL is unable to be found no matter what I do, I know its not a
                          >> component because it installed on a 64bit vista computer elsewhere

                        • Leonard McGarity
                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 9, 2013
                            I'm having the same problem...I get unknown device on both the Vista(x86) and the Windows 8 (x86) machines. When I attempt to update the driver it says that Windows choose the updated diver and nothing changes.

                            Does anyone have better documentation on how to get the drivers updated using Vista or Windows 8?

                            And I’m having the exact same problem on Win 7 32 bit, driver s etc previously worked. For me, this problem began after I installed drivers, etc., for DVB-T and SDR#, per Jan 2013 QST article. Link, WV4I

                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 9, 2013
                              >I'm having the same problem...I get unknown device on both the Vista(x86) and the Windows 8 (x86) machines. When I attempt to
                              >update the driver it says that Windows choose the updated diver and nothing changes.
                              >Does anyone have better documentation on how to get the drivers updated using Vista or Windows 8?

                              And you have looked at my page? What does it not say?

                              >And I’m having the exact same problem on Win 7 32 bit, driver s etc previously worked. For me, this problem began after I installed
                              >drivers, etc., for DVB-T and SDR#, per Jan 2013 QST article. Link, WV4I

                              You have probably assigned the Zadig driver, uninstall all instances of the Softrock driver.