si570 driver

  • justin
    Message 1 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
      Has anyone successfully installed and run an ensemble2 on vista 32 bit? Lib.USB is not found and nothing I do makes it run
    • MIKE DURKIN
      Message 2 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
        did you already install the signed driver from pe0fko site?
        install latest .net package and rebooted with AVP pluged in?

        Mike

        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
        Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000
        Subject: [softrock40] si570 driver

        Has anyone successfully installed and run an ensemble2 on vista 32 bit? Lib.USB is not found and nothing I do makes it run

      • Justin Cumberland
        Message 3 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013

          I've been trying to install pe0fko but it says libUSB0 not found

          JMC

          To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
          Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

          Message 4 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
            Subject: RE: [softrock40] si570 driver

            >I've been trying to install pe0fko but it says libUSB0 not found

            I've a fault finding page here https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/attiny_usb

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • MIKE DURKIN
            Message 5 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
              you need to install the drivers before installing the software ...

              Does the "DG8SAQ-I2C" device show in the device manger ...

              Did you install the Amateur Radio Certificate Authority before any of that? <---- probably should be done first ...

              please verify that you have installed the latest ".net" updates and rebooted ...

              mike

              To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

              From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
              Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

              Message 6 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
                Dang it Alan .... I'v no idea why i forget about that self help page ....

                > To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                > From: alan4alan@...
                > Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 22:07:01 +0000
                > Subject: Re: [softrock40] si570 driver

              • Justin Cumberland

                  From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                  Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                  Has anyone successfully installed and run an ensemble2 on vista 32 bit? Lib.USB is not found and nothing I do makes it run

                • Michael O'Bannon
                  Message 8 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
                    For the 40,30,20 version of the Ensemble, could someone tell me what peak-to-peak voltages are present at the base and collector of Q6?  There are tables of voltages measured with a DVM in the builder's notes, but these differ from what would be seen on a scope.

                    I've searched for this info via Google and in the builder's notes, so I hope I'm not overlooking this info somewhere.

                    Thanks,
                    Michael  KD4SGN

                    To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                    From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                    Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                    Message 9 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
                      wouldn't 2X(rms reading)X1.414 be peek to peek ? --- close anyways ...

                      10Meg meter compared to the loading of a 10Meg probe ...

                      Mike KC7NOA

                      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                      From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                      Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                        From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                        Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                        Message 11 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
                          the click on it and click remove ... pull it out ..
                          install the

                          Amateur Radio Certificate Authority

                          driver certificate ... ( its listed on pe0fko site too)

                          then the drivers from pe0fko

                          shut down

                          plug in the avr

                          power back on ...

                          To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                          From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                          Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                          Message 12 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013

                            > For the 40,30,20 version of the Ensemble, could someone tell me what
                            > peak-to-peak voltages are present at the base and collector of Q6?
                            > There are tables of voltages measured with a DVM in the builder's
                            > notes, but these differ from what would be seen on a scope.

                            I've a page here giving some idea https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/levels-measured-in-a-softrock-tx But a DVM cannot be used
                            for measuring RF. On Robby's pages it is used to show an approximate average of DC volts.

                            73 Alan G4ZFQ
                          • MIKE DURKIN
                            Message 13 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
                              the ceterficate found

                              http://pe0fko.nl/ca/

                              To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                              From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                              Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                              Message 14 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013

                                The latest .net is installed, uninstalled config tool, it just keeps
                                telling me it doesn't recognize the device then it does nothing, and Jo it
                                doesn't even show the driver name

                                All this is covered in the link I sent

                                73 Alan G4ZFQ
                              • Michael O'Bannon
                                Message 15 of 22 , Jan 4, 2013
                                  Allen,

                                  Thanks, this is what I was looking for. I'd like peak-to-peak values
                                  as we see on a scope.

                                  Best regards,
                                  Michael

                                    From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                                    Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                                      From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                                      Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                                        From: justin.marc.cumberland@...
                                        Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 21:40:12 +0000

                                        Has anyone successfully installed and run an ensemble2 on vista 32 bit? Lib.USB is not found and nothing I do makes it run

                                      • William
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Jan 8, 2013
                                          I'm having the same problem...I get unknown device on both the Vista(x86) and the Windows 8 (x86) machines. When I attempt to update the driver it says that Windows choose the updated diver and nothing changes.

                                          Does anyone have better documentation on how to get the drivers updated using Vista or Windows 8?

                                          (Anyone interested in maybe updating the WB5RVZ site into a wiki format that could be peer edited as things change?)

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Jan 8, 2013
                                            Subject: [softrock40] Re: si570 driver

                                            > I'm having the same problem...I get unknown device on both the Vista(x86) and the Windows 8 (x86) machines. When I attempt to
                                            > update the driver it says that Windows choose the updated diver and nothing changes.

                                            Have you looked here? https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/attiny_usb Most faults and cures or workrounds, although my knowledge
                                            of Vista and W8 is nil.
                                            If you have then what have I missed?

                                            > (Anyone interested in maybe updating the WB5RVZ site into a wiki format that could be peer edited as things change?)

                                            Robby does update.
                                            In the form of a Wiki? This is a massive site, I can't imagine how this would work?

                                            73 Alan G4ZFQ

                                            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Justin Cumberland wrote:
                                            >>
                                            >> Libusb0.DLL is unable to be found no matter what I do, I know its not a
                                            >> component because it installed on a 64bit vista computer elsewhere

                                          • Leonard McGarity
                                            Message 21 of 22 , Jan 9, 2013
                                              I'm having the same problem...I get unknown device on both the Vista(x86) and the Windows 8 (x86) machines. When I attempt to update the driver it says that Windows choose the updated diver and nothing changes.

                                              Does anyone have better documentation on how to get the drivers updated using Vista or Windows 8?

                                              And I’m having the exact same problem on Win 7 32 bit, driver s etc previously worked. For me, this problem began after I installed drivers, etc., for DVB-T and SDR#, per Jan 2013 QST article. Link, WV4I

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Jan 9, 2013
                                                >I'm having the same problem...I get unknown device on both the Vista(x86) and the Windows 8 (x86) machines. When I attempt to
                                                >update the driver it says that Windows choose the updated diver and nothing changes.
                                                >Does anyone have better documentation on how to get the drivers updated using Vista or Windows 8?

                                                And you have looked at my page? What does it not say?

                                                >And I’m having the exact same problem on Win 7 32 bit, driver s etc previously worked. For me, this problem began after I installed
                                                >drivers, etc., for DVB-T and SDR#, per Jan 2013 QST article. Link, WV4I

                                                You have probably assigned the Zadig driver, uninstall all instances of the Softrock driver.