Re: [softrock40] Re: SdrDX on OS X - Script for Ensemble RX II

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 3, 2013
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: SdrDX on OS X - Script for Ensemble RX II

      > Not getting a lot of response, I'll try to expand a little.
      >
      > I am running SdrDX on a MacBook Pro. It listens to the Ensemble RX II nicely. I would like to be able to tune (set the center
      > frequency) of the RX II from within SdrDX.
      >
      > While SdrDX cannot talk directly to the RX II, it does send out messages including frequency changes. These can be captured in a
      > Python routine. In theory we should be able to format these messages and pass them on to the RX II via USB.
      >
      > Hence my original question.
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "tomenglish125" wrote:
      >>
      >> Has anyone out there set up a Python routine to capture center freq info from SdrDX and send it out to the Ensemble II?

      I know nothing about this.
      But my first response is to use a search engine.
      "SdrDX frequency softrock" in Google gives results like http://fyngyrz.com/?p=1153 Again I have no idea if this is relevant but I
      suggest this method if you get no reply.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • John
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 3, 2013
        I get it now Tom.
        I thought there already was a USB/Macintosh interface to the Softrocks? I'm fairly sure there was/is. It may have been for DSP Radio. There are a few Windows applications that are in the same boat and have become orphans ie. can't talk to the SI570. There are a few Mac users here so if you ask about Mac to Softrock interfaces you may get more response.

        John
        KC9OJV

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 3, 2013
          Tom,

          This is the software I mentioned in my previous message- looks like he has a handle on it.

          http://dl2sdr.homepage.t-online.de/

          John
          KC9OJV