Ensemble RXTX Oscillator test stage?

  • Robert
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
      I have a question regarding the Ensemble RXTX Oscillator test. To do the test since I don't have an OScope, I wrapped some wire around the ensemble board and plugged it into the ant input of my HF rig in order to test LO freq output of the board. When testing the Si570 part with the center freq set at 7.015 in the test software, I should get a signal that is 4X that freq on my HF rig at around 28.060, but the signal I receive on my HF rig is around 28.038 instead. Does someone know what the +/- freq difference can be to say this stage passed? I'm worried that maybe I didn't get the turns right on T1 or maybe something else isn't quite right.

      All other tests passed fine except for the LO freq test is a little low is all.

      Thanks for your help,
      Rob
      w7fj
    • MICHAEL TALLENT
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
        Yes, that is close enough, when you are finished you need to do a
        calibration using only the test software.

        Mike T W6MXV

        >I have a question regarding the Ensemble RXTX Oscillator test. To do the
        >test since I don't have an OScope, I wrapped some wire around the ensemble
        >board and plugged it into the ant input of my HF rig in order to test LO
        >freq output of the board. When testing the Si570 part with the center freq
        >set at 7.015 in the test software, I should get a signal that is 4X that
        >freq on my HF rig at around 28.060, but the signal I receive on my HF rig
        >is around 28.038 instead. Does someone know what the +/- freq difference
        >can be to say this stage passed? I'm worried that maybe I didn't get the
        >turns right on T1 or maybe something else isn't quite right.
        >
        > All other tests passed fine except for the LO freq test is a little low is
        > all.
        >
        > Thanks for your help,
        > Rob
        > w7fj
      • Robert Short (W7FJ)
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013
          Thanks Mike, is there a +/- spec on how much drift is allowed for the oscillator test when measuring it this way? I'm just curious, so I can note this.  I was noticing on Ham Nation George found the tone on 28.070 with a center freq of 7.015 which is the same center freq I used.

          Thanks so much for the info...

          73 Rob
          w7fj

          --
          Blessings, Robert
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 2, 2013

            > Thanks Mike, is there a +/- spec on how much drift is allowed for the
            > oscillator test when measuring it this way? I'm just curious, so I can
            > note this. I was noticing on Ham Nation George found the tone on 28.070
            > with a center freq of 7.015 which is the same center freq I used.

            Rob,

            +/- 2000ppm until calibrated.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • Robert