Re: [softrock40] Softrock Lite II T1 Transformer Winding

    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
    ----- Original Message -----
    Subject: Re: [softrock40] Softrock Lite II T1 Transformer Winding

    >I thought that the dots on the transformer schematics signifies the
    > start of the windings.

    Robby, Martyn,

    I attach images to demonstrate what I see as a minor problem. (To those who think about it).
    The Org = original drawings have the start marked and all at the top of the drawing.
    The new drawing does not show the starts and they are not all at the top. Therefore the smart ones, like Kevin, ask questions.

    73 Alan G4ZFQ
  • R. R. (Robby) Robson
    Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
      The dumb ones like me ask questions, too.  Alan:  where did you get the "Original" schematic?  I have looked through all the schematics I have in my (not terribly well organized) pc libraries and find none with the phasing dots dispayed.  Please send me a copy of the entire schematic if you can

      On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:13 AM, Alan <alan4alan@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Alan included below]

      >I thought that the dots on the transformer schematics signifies the
      > start of the windings.

      Robby, Martyn,

      I attach images to demonstrate what I see as a minor problem. (To those who think about it).
      The Org = original drawings have the start marked and all at the top of the drawing.
      The new drawing does not show the starts and they are not all at the top. Therefore the smart ones, like Kevin, ask questions.

      Cheers,
      Robby

      Richard R. (Robby) Robson
      LTC USA (RET)
    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 3 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013
        Alan:

        Belay the sending of the original schematic.

        I have found the original, although it was for the Ensemble RXTX and not for the SR Lite.  Best I can tell, the RXTX schematic was the only one of the Softrock schematics that has phasing dots displayed.

        --
        Cheers,
        Robby

        Richard R. (Robby) Robson
        LTC USA (RET)
        Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013

          >The dumb ones like me ask questions, too. Alan: where did you get the
          "Original" schematic? I have looked through all the schematics I have in
          my (not terribly well organized) pc libraries and find none with the
          phasing dots dispayed. Please send me a copy of the entire schematic if
          you can

          Robby,

          After a lot of searching I often find the answer on my web site....

          You might want to look at yours:-) http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/ on all the transformers.

          Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2013

            > Best I can tell, the RXTX schematic was the only one of the Softrock
            schematics that has phasing dots displayed.

            Robby,

            They do appear in at least several models although the mixer ones are missed in others. It seems mainly in the ones drawn with the
            starts at opposite ends like the one Kevin commented on.
            In most cases I have just looked at the main schematics.