Re: Anyone built the Ensemble RXTX for 40-30- & 20 meters ?

  • pauldebono@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 98 , Jan 1, 2013
      John,

      I have checked it a hundred times.
      All components on the PA stage are as per builders note, all in their correct places and proper values.

      There is full one watt at T4 secondary on 14Mhz, but goes down to 4 volts at C25 with 16 turns on T37-6 yellow core. Reducing to 12 turns, yealds full one watt on 14 Mhz. But on C26, still 4 volts.
      I have checked the frequency, by reducing the input level and using a frequency counter !
      Before shortening from 16 to 12 turns on L3, I want to hear from others who have actually built this particular 40-30-20 m version, not just any other version !

      Paul

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, John Greusel <greusel@...> wrote:

      > Might be worth a check to see if you've got C25 in the position of C24 or C26. That would be about the right shift in C value to skew the whole thing. This 5 element filter has been used hundreds (or thousands) of time successfully with this design.
      >
      > John
      > KC9OJV
      >

      > ________________________________

    • R. R. (Robby) Robson
      Message 98 of 98 , Jan 7, 2013
        Gentlemen:

        Please review the projects on the new WB5RVZ website.
        I have added a "Revisions/Errata" tab to the menu on each project.  Not much populated there, but the RXTX info that was raised in this thread has been posted.

        Check it out.

        On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 9:43 AM, richard.lawn@... <rjlawn@...> wrote:

        I couldn't agree more about the need to make a clear errata page obvious and available on the website with dates. Tnx for making this suggestion.
        Rick
        W2JAZ

        --
        Cheers,