RE: [softrock40] Re: Ourtputs from the power supply for the Ensemble RX/TX

  • Jose Bonanca
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 31, 2012

      Later you will find that the regulator is OK and your trouble is bad soldering of it…

      Sometimes a very thin fillet of solder is the culprit…

      Check it.

      73 AND HNY.

      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 31, 2012
        Solder looks ok. If I take it out R52 does not get hot and readings are same as power input. Put U9 in and everything is bonkers again.

        kb5jof
        Joe

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Jose Bonanca" <jabct1aos@...> wrote:

        > Later you will find that the regulator is OK and your trouble is bad
        > soldering of it.
        >
        > Sometimes a very thin fillet of solder is the culprit.
        >
        > Check it.
        >

        > 73 AND HNY.

      • Jose Bonanca
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 31, 2012
          HAve you measured resistance from the U9 and ground??? Try to measure with the u9 out of circuit.

          You might also wanto to make sure that the R is 68 ohms.
          73 all the best.

          --
          Jose (Ct1aos)