Ensemble RX II question regarding winding of T3

  • n7or
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012
      Just to make sure I have this correct, T-3 needs a single primary winding consisting of 4 turns. Also, a bifilar winding of 2 turns which of course creates two 2 turn secondaries. What is the approximate twists per inch, the same as for T1? 3 twists per inch? I made the 3 twists per inch assumption when I built T2 today. I guess that's right.

      Does it matter which one you wind onto the binocular core first? I would prefer to do the primary winding after completing the bifilar secondaries.

      The following is from the new set of instructions online. I do not think this is correct or complete:

      T03
      xfrmr: 23.04uH: 4T/2T(bi)T #30(12 (6/2x3)in) on BN43-2402
      Using a total of approximately 10 inches of #30 wire, wind 4 turns , bifilar, on a BN-43-2402 ferrite.Inductance of the single winding (usually the primary) is 23.04 uH.
    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012

        It is 2 six inch lengths of wire. The secondary is 2 3" pieces.. You can wind it either way. 3 turns per inch or so is correct. You do not have to be specific.

        73,

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...

        AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

        Just to make sure I have this correct, T-3 needs a single primary winding consisting of 4 turns. Also, a bifilar winding of 2 turns which of course creates two 2 turn secondaries. What is the approximate twists per inch, the same as for T1? 3 twists per inch? I made the 3 twists per inch assumption when I built T2 today. I guess that's right.

        Does it matter which one you wind onto the binocular core first? I would prefer to do the primary winding after completing the bifilar secondaries.

        The following is from the new set of instructions online. I do not think this is correct or complete:

        T03
        xfrmr: 23.04uH: 4T/2T(bi)T #30(12 (6/2x3)in) on BN43-2402
        Using a total of approximately 10 inches of #30 wire, wind 4 turns , bifilar, on a BN-43-2402 ferrite.Inductance of the single winding (usually the primary) is 23.04 uH.

      • R. R. (Robby) Robson
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 30, 2012
          Thanks for catching the bug in my winding instructions.  Corrected to read:

          "xfrmr: 23.04uH: 4T/2T(bi)T #30(12 (6/2x3)in) on BN43-2402
          Primary: Using approximately 7 inches of #30 wire, wind 4 turns on a BN-43-2402 ferrite.
          Secondary: Using a total of 7 inches of #30 wire, wind 2 turns , bifilar, on the ferrite in the same direction as the primary winding. Inductance of the single winding (usually the primary) is 23.04 uH."

          Twists per inch is not critical:  3 is fine.

          Doesn't really matter which you put in first.

          --
          Cheers,
          Robby

          Richard R. (Robby) Robson