Ensemble RX/TX 40/30/20

  • kd4pqf
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
      I have got my SDR receiving goon now for the TX.
      I am having no luck. I am assuming it keys threw the USB
      port.or do i have to have a hard PTT in the paddels port. I am having trouble, finding the INFO i need to make it happen.
      could someone please point me in the rite direction. Trying to get it working With WSPR. I have a Virtual audio cable running to it and it receives good...just need the TX to work.. I am a newbie
    • Jim
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
        Are you sure you are feeding audio to the Softrock from the computer speaker out?  Can you tune the signal when keyed on another receiver?

        DE N8XYN Jim

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
          The problem is i cant get SDR to key... I have tried with Rocky, Power SDR, and HDSDR.. with know luck... I am sure i am doing some thing wrong. but I dont know what..

          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
            Yes the receiver works fine... Its the TX i cant get to work..
            Does it work threw the USB or is it keyed with a ground in the paddle input... I can find no info on how to do it.

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
              When I use WSPR I end up needing “WSPR, PowerSDR, VAC & VSP” PowerSDR Feeds it’s output and inputs to VAC,  VSP controls PTT (creates COM ports 4 & 5) & PowerSDR is of course the radio proper. I really don’t know if there is a simpler way but it works in my current arrangement.  And no I have nothing plugged into the paddle port. You might find this guide useful http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CFwQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fk1qn.info%2FOneCardDigitalRevised.pdf&ei=wFHfUO_PPMux0AG_lYDICQ&usg=AFQjCNFEg3QjIFTtEqaFU0HJwATOyd_vaA&sig2=MYGtvytKLsAeJLlDu4aEog&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dmQ

              DE N8XYN Jim

              To: mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com
              > Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble RX/TX 40/30/20

              I have got my SDR receiving goon now for the TX.
              > I am having no luck. I
              am assuming it keys threw the USB
              > port.or do i have to have a hard PTT
              in the paddels port. I am having trouble, finding the INFO i need to make it happen.
              > could someone please point me in the rite direction. Trying to
              get it working With WSPR. I have a Virtual audio cable running to it and it receives good...just need the TX to work.. I am a newbie

            • KQ8M
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012

                It is keted through the USB port. You will have no output until there is audio on the line out port of the RXTX. Make sure you have enough audio to drive it.

                73,

                Tim Herrick, KQ8M

                Charter Member North Coast Contesters

                kq8m@...

                AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 29, 2012
                  OK thanks was expecting to see CW carrier when i keyed.
                  it. OK thanks for the help.

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "KQ8M" <kq8m@...> wrote:

                  > It is keted through the USB port. You will have no output until there is audio on the line out port of the RXTX. Make sure you have
                  > enough audio to drive it.
                  >

                  > 73,
                  >
                  > Tim Herrick, KQ8M
                  >
                  > Charter Member North Coast Contesters
                  >
                  > kq8m@...
                  >

                  > AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org
                  >
                  > User Ports: 23, 7373 with local skimmer, 7374 without local skimmer

                • Taka Sugi
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
                    If your problem is PTT,you'd be better to refer the URL below,

                    https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/softrock-wspr-psdr-and-vac
                    "Virtual serial port"

                    I am using both virtual audio cable and virtual serial port for my
                    digital mode(JT65,WSPR).

                    JA1TLH/Taka
                  • pauldebono@rocketmail.com
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 1, 2013
                      I am getting low PA output on 20 meters with this Ensemble version.

                      I have reduced the the number of turns on the LPF coils to get some output.

                      Has anyone encountered this problem please

                      Paul

                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Taka Sugi" <taka_sugi1206@...> wrote:

                      > If your problem is PTT,you'd be better to refer the URL below,
                      >
                      > https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/softrock-wspr-psdr-and-vac
                      > "Virtual serial port"
                      >
                      > I am using both virtual audio cable and virtual serial port for my
                      > digital mode(JT65,WSPR).
                      >
                      > JA1TLH/Taka

                    • Taka Sugi
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 3, 2013
                        Hello Paul

                        Your question is not appropriate to the original question of this tree.
                        Pse post as a new question,but there were so many Q&As for your
                        question. Pse search@this "Messages box" and make sure PA setting
                        by WB5RVZ SDR Homepaage,...
                        http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/
                        "Driver/PA" pages

                        I think output LPF coil's turns is not so critical.
                        First of all, pse confirm Voltage of R48/R49 and 20m TX output(?w).

                        JA1TLH/Taka