Re: WSPR v2.11 and SR Ensemble RXTX

  • Yannick
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 27, 2012
      Hi Alex,

      Is the Ensemble working with any other SDR software like HDSDR or PowerSDR?
      You will need to install a small driver that you can find here :
      http://pe0fko.nl/SR-V9-Si570/#install

      If you follow installation instructions and have the same parameters Warren W8TOD suggested it should work.
      Here I sometime have to unplug/replug the USB cable or change it from USB port. Don't know where this problem come from but it is solved in a matter of minute.
      One other thing to know is that you have to force WSPR band selection because at startup it will not set the Si570 frequency.
      So if you want to go on 30m and at startup WSPR already show 30m, you have to select 20m and then select back 30m.

      Best season greetings to all.
      73,
      Yan.
      ---
      Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y
      New online shop for kits and more
      http://xv4y.radioclub.asia/boutique/

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "AI2Q" <ai2q@...> wrote:

      > The beta version of WSPR (v.2.11) is interesting, as it has support for I/Q systems, and for Softrock Ensemble RXTX in particular.
      >
      > I installed it on a Windoze XP SP2 machine, and WSPR loads okay, but I cannot get Si570 control. The CAT settings in Advanced Settings remain grayed out.
      >
      > Can anyone shed some light on how I can get this combo running?
      >
      > Thanks---and Happy New Year!
      >
      > Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex
      > Member: ARRL, FOC, RSGB, CWops, QRP-L, Antique Wireless Association, New
      > England Radio Discussion Society, DXCC Honor Roll, 16ØM DXCC, 8ØM DXCC
      > http://home.roadrunner.com/~alexmm

    • Leonard McGarity
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
        Drivers and having to sometimes plug/unplug usb can get tricky. Here it s Win 7 32 bit, had RX Ensemble II working fine, as well as SDR-IQ, both using SDR-Radio, and then starting loading up drivers etc for a DVB-T. Now no longer can get RX Ensemble II recognized, tried driver update, etc. I confirmed RX Ensemble II okay ops with my Netbook, but SDR perform with a netbook is very marginal. A tutorial on how Win 7 assigns ports, drivers might be helpful. I know I’ve now run out of tricks trying to get RX Ensemble II to connect, while SDR-IQ does still connect, work, no prob. Wanted to use RX Ensemble II with external radio vs SDR-IQ. Link, WV4I
      • AI2Q
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
          Thanks a million for your response Warren.

          I'll give your suggestions a try and report back to ya!  I'm intrigued by the Rig Number entry. What does that call up? I have been using the recommended 902 Softrock RXTX entry, which doesn't work. HI HI.

          Vy 73, AI2Q Alex

          In the Station Parameters menu check the following settings:

          PTT Method: CAT
          PTT Port: None (grayed out)
          Enable CAT - checked
          CAT Port - Grayed out
          Rig Number: 2509 SoAVR-USB
          Serial rate, Data bits, Stop Bits, Handshake all grayed ftRock Si5170 out.

          Peaberry and RXTX are all I run and it is on WSPR most of the time so just shout if you need more help. I am also available on Skype.

          Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "AI2Q" <ai2q@...> wrote:

          > The beta version of WSPR (v.2.11) is interesting, as it has support for I/Q systems, and for Softrock Ensemble RXTX in particular.
          >
          > I installed it on a Windoze XP SP2 machine, and WSPR loads okay, but I cannot get Si570 control. The CAT settings in Advanced Settings remain grayed out.
          >
          > Can anyone shed some light on how I can get this combo running?
          >
          > Thanks---and Happy New Year!
          >
          > Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex
          > Member: ARRL, FOC, RSGB, CWops, QRP-L, Antique Wireless Association, New
          > England Radio Discussion Society, DXCC Honor Roll, 16ØM DXCC, 8ØM DXCC
          > http://home.roadrunner.com/~alexmm

          No virus found in this message.

        • AI2Q
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 28, 2012
            Thank you Yan.

            Yes, my SR Ensemble RXTX works great with a variety of software packages. I have been using it for a long time.

            I will make Warren's changes and take your info into account, too!

            HNY OM.

            Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex