Re: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RX II, working but not stable

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 13, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Ensemble RX II, working but not stable

      > Works fine with SDR radio, but there images may just not bother me as much. I am not sure if I can produce similar curves in SDR
      > Radio... Need to try it out.
      >
      > Regarding the overloading of the input, are you referring to that the volume is turned up too high? Everthing is line-level, I
      > think so I am not sure it matters....

      Andy,

      I do not think anything else shows charts like Rocky. But as Rocky has not been entirely stable recently I thought it a good idea to
      try something else. All the charts show is that something is wrong, you probably knew that before you looked.
      What about HDSDR or SDR#? something without auto reduction shows the uncorrected state of the balance.

      I do not have any real idea on what fault in the Softrock might cause this. It is usually all or nothing. A bad joint would probably
      cause other effects as well.
      Excessive sound levels like having a preamp selected in the mixer will overload a soundcard but other effects would normally make
      this obvious. Volume sliders should be as low as possible.

      Have you tried a different card?
      Or the sample shift? Although I'm not sure this is needed on modern cards.