Re: [softrock40] Re: RX ensemble II No output at completion of Local Oscillator and Control section

    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
      ----- Original Message -----
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: RX ensemble II No output at completion of Local Oscillator and Control section

      > 0 on pad 2. Pad 2 shows infinite R, so not grounded.

      Strange, pad 2 should be about 3V. It has an internal pull-up. When grounded it stops the output. But it is normally left
      unconnected.
      If it is definitely soldered to the Si570 then the Si570 is faulty.
      That is assuming the Test tab of CFGSR is still showing no error when Get is clicked. No error means the Si570 is talking properly
      to the AVR controller.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • wa2isc
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 13, 2012
        Alan,

        Thanks for all the help. My conclusion was that the Si 570 was bad, but as i said, I am a newbie to this whole SDR. Pad 2 is definately showing no voltage, and the test does not return an error. You have confirmed to me that it is the Si 570. I will attempt to replace it ( I have nightmares about desoldering it, but...). Again, thanks for the help.

        73, Kevin