Problem with the Softrock Lite II - no LO output

  • drrounds@sbcglobal.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 12, 2012
      I built the Lite II and checked each step as I went along.
      The receiver worked fine for about 2 hours using SDR# software running at an audio bitrate of 150khz. Then the local oscillator quit working. I am getting .04 VDC at the LO test point and no rf on an oscilloscope. Any suggestions for troubleshooting would be appreciated.

      73
      David
      KC9UQD
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 13, 2012
        Subject: [softrock40] Problem with the Softrock Lite II - no LO output

        >I built the Lite II and checked each step as I went along.
        > The receiver worked fine for about 2 hours using SDR# software running at an audio bitrate of 150khz. Then the local oscillator
        > quit working. I am getting .04 VDC at the LO test point and no rf on an oscilloscope.

        David,

        As it was working the most likely thing might be a bad joint.
        A failed component is possible.
        I don't know what testpoint. Robby uses several.