Re: SoftRock vs Genesis

  • N2BHA
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 10, 2012
      I would echo what Steve has pointed out. I have built the Genesis G3020, G59 + GPA10 amp, and the G11 along with the Softrock RXTX V6.3 and now building the Ensemble RXTX. They are indeed intended to be targeted for different audiences. I found, after building the G59, that the G11 required very little effort. Most of the components on that board are SMT and are preinstalled for you (depending on who you are this may excite or disappoint your ;-). You are left with minor steps to complete the transceiver, but, I am certain that you have already been to their site and read up on the level of difficulty. I think that the Softrocks are a lot of fun to build and use as well but they are meant to be a very inexpensive way for you to dip your toe into the SDR world. Which is very cool!

      Just my 2 centavos and your mileage may vary hi hi

      Take Care es 73,
      Vaughn N2BHA