Re: [softrock40] KX3 and Si570 tuneing step noise

    Message 1 of 34 , Dec 8, 2012
      Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:54 PM
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] KX3 and Si570 tuneing step noise

      >A reply from Fred puts the issue as the current code in the ATTiny85.
      > I knew you said you had dealt with it.

      Right, so that most likely answers Kelvin's original question.
      I had not realised that the Softrock had not followed Fred's firmware upgrade.

      It would be desirable for it to do so although certainly not essential. Many of my Softrocks still use the ATTiny45 with V 15.11.
      But I do have one with v 15.15 and the large tuning steps are certainly not so noticeable.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 4, 2013
        Subject: [softrock40] Re: KX3 and Si570 tuneing step noise

        > I have built some three standalone SI570 based oscillators and they all suffer from tuning noise, as you claim.
        >
        > I have built another one who claimS to have eliminated this noise, but I have not tested it yet. He claims to have adjusted the
        > Freeze M DCO:

        Paul,

        Please let us know when you have tested this.

        And may I remind anyone with a recent Softrock with a Si570 manufactured since the beginning of 2011 that an AVR USB controller with
        V 15.15 firmware has the Freeze_M feature. The AVR would need replacing because Tony still uses V 15.12. Fred would be very
        interested if this could be tested.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ