Re: [softrock40] softrock or any other SDR used with an Atom

  • John Greusel
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012
      Ben,

      I use a Acer Aspire One netbook as my main computer for SDR use.
      I run Fldigi, HDSDR, PSDR and WSPR. I do note that when I try PSDR and FLdigi together for digital modes PSDR will often crash. I've found that Fldigi/HDSDR works better for this modest computer configuration. PSDR works fine as a stand alone program. I have maxed out the ram and just today installed a SSD.

      John
      KC9OJV

        Anyone using Atom processors in their computer for SDR work? Just not sure if they had the power necessary to do a reasonable job of producing a Pan display?

        Ben ARS w4qed

      • Benny D. Miller Jr.
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 7, 2012

          Warren ARS W8TOD/BG1,

          Thanks for your candor and glad to hear your results. I’m trying to decide what I am going to do with a CarPuter or an Atom navigation system. Since I’m planning on using some SDR for when I am traveling I’m leaning for the CarPuter  with something like an I5 processor. $749, plus all the audio, dvd, touch screen and other things I will be using it in. Not planning for while driving, but for some stay’s for long trips or when I am a passenger…LOL…

          Ben ARS w4qed

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 8, 2012
            Hi Ben,

            Have a look at these videos with Atom

            -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4fgLr7RL24

            -> http://www.youtube.com/user/sv1eia

            73,
            Christos SV1EIA

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Benny D. Miller Jr." <w4qed@...> wrote:

            > Hello,
            >

            > Anyone using Atom processors in their computer for SDR work? Just not sure
            > if they had the power necessary to do a reasonable job of producing a Pan
            > display?
            >

            > Ben ARS w4qed

          • MIKE DURKIN
            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 8, 2012
              I like the touchscreen! !!

              What flavor of windows was that .....?

              Mike KC7NOA

              To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
              From: sv1eia@...
              Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 13:21:22 +0000

              Hi Ben,

              Have a look at these videos with Atom

              -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4fgLr7RL24

              -> http://www.youtube.com/user/sv1eia

              73,
              Christos SV1EIA

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Benny D. Miller Jr." <w4qed@...> wrote:

              > Hello,
              >

              > Anyone using Atom processors in their computer for SDR work? Just not sure
              > if they had the power necessary to do a reasonable job of producing a Pan
              > display?
              >

              > Ben ARS w4qed

            • sv1eia
              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 9, 2012
                Operating system Windows 7 32bit

                PowerSDR-IQ USB2SDR and Rx module on 10m contest with 192KHz view.
                CPU Atom D525/ION2, 10"LCD Touch.
                All systems 12V powered.

                73,
                Christos SV1EIA