Re: [softrock40] USB recognition

    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012
      Subject: [softrock40] USB recognition

      >I spent yesterday trying to get my RXTX Ensemble to recognize the USB port and finally did something this AM---still not sure
      >what--that resulted in my computer recognizing the USB. I then moved onto the configuration tool and was having problems with
      >that. In frustration I shut everything down and am now back to square 1--the computer does not recognize the USB--In fact when I
      >plug it into the computer I get no feedback while when I plug it into a hub I get the 'does not recognize' message. Any ideas---I
      >guess my frustration is that I thought I had the problem corrected.

      Unplug ALL USB devices before putting in Softrock?

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • James Curtis
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012
        The port is enabled.
        I've switched the RXTX to all ports with no affect.
        Jim

        Stupid question, but are other USB devices recognized by this port or
        is ourproblem only with the RXTX ensemble?

        Try plugging in another USB device to ensure that the port is enabled.

        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012
          I unplugged all and restarted the computer and then plugged the Softrock in--no recognition at all.
          The port is enabled.
          I've switched the RXTX to all ports with no affect.

          Jim

          >I spent yesterday trying to get my RXTX Ensemble to recognize the USB port and finally did something this AM---still not sure
          >what--that resulted in my computer recognizing the USB. I then moved onto the configuration tool and was having problems with
          >that. In frustration I shut everything down and am now back to square 1--the computer does not recognize the USB--In fact when I
          >plug it into the computer I get no feedback while when I plug it into a hub I get the 'does not recognize' message. Any ideas---I
          >guess my frustration is that I thought I had the problem corrected.

          Unplug ALL USB devices before putting in Softrock?

          73 Alan G4ZFQ

        • The Silver Fox
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012

            As a last ditch effort open the device manager and delete all the USB devices including the hidden devices.  If it asks, delete the driver – it is only the hardware cache not the actual software.

            73,

            Alan – W6ARH

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 6, 2012

              >I unplugged all and restarted the computer and then plugged the Softrock in--no
              recognition at all.

              Jim,

              This is my page about USB faults https://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/attiny_usb although it does seem as if you may have an
              intermittent fault.
              Have you carefully checked all joints and components?

              73 Alan G4ZFQ
            • James Curtis
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
                I unplugged all, zip, then tried to unistall all and still nothing.  Now I can't even get my USB mouse to work.  I'm throwing in the towel.

                >I spent yesterday trying to get my RXTX Ensemble to recognize the USB port and finally did something this AM---still not sure
                >what--that resulted in my computer recognizing the USB. I then moved onto the configuration tool and was having problems with
                >that. In frustration I shut everything down and am now back to square 1--the computer does not recognize the USB--In fact when I
                >plug it into the computer I get no feedback while when I plug it into a hub I get the 'does not recognize' message. Any ideas---I
                >guess my frustration is that I thought I had the problem corrected.

                Unplug ALL USB devices before putting in Softrock?

                73 Alan G4ZFQ

              • MIKE DURKIN
                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 7, 2012
                  Sounds odd ..... softrock PE0FKO firmware really shouldn't affect a previously working mouse ....

                  Using a powered hub?

                  Or its snotty OS..... cough cough ....

                  Mike KC7NOA

                  To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                  From: n8ham@...
                  Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 06:59:17 -0800

                  I unplugged all, zip, then tried to unistall all and still nothing.  Now I can't even get my USB mouse to work.  I'm throwing in the towel.

                  >I spent yesterday trying to get my RXTX Ensemble to recognize the USB port and finally did something this AM---still not sure
                  >what--that resulted in my computer recognizing the USB. I then moved onto the configuration tool and was having problems with
                  >that. In frustration I shut everything down and am now back to square 1--the computer does not recognize the USB--In fact when I
                  >plug it into the computer I get no feedback while when I plug it into a hub I get the 'does not recognize' message. Any ideas---I
                  >guess my frustration is that I thought I had the problem corrected.

                  Unplug ALL USB devices before putting in Softrock?

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ

                • false
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 12, 2013
                    i had the same problem so i pulled up the USB for the rx/tx cleaned it all up and re-solder it to the rx/tx and it worked fine after that i guess i had a solder bridge under the USB socket causing the problem

                    From: n8ham@...
                    Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 06:59:17 -0800