Re: [softrock40] How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX

  • Kenneth Hardy
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
      Ricardo

      Just realised that  Rocky 3.6 that I am using on my PC is in fact running under virtual XP
      - because of exactly the problem you experienced with  Rocky 3.7 on Win 7 - distorted
      audio and crackles on the CW signals.
      Rocky 3.7 sound crackles on Win 7 can be cleared by toggling between the
      view settings box and back to Rocky a few times until the sound distortion clears.
      (on my PC anyway).
      Of course Rocky 3.7 was released to support W7.
      Sorry about misleading you initially - I get confused in my old age.
      Ken M0XBK

      De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
      Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 5 de Dezembro de 2012 12:29

      ----- Original Message ----- Subject: [softrock40] How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX >The Ensemble RXTX circuit suggests a keyer function like an iambic. Am I right? I tryed set up a couple of push buttons to simulate paddles of an iambic. So I selected CW mode and turned on the TX on HDSDR and tried to work with CW. It will not work with HDSDR, it is not yet incorporated. I think it will with PSDR and Rocky. 73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • Ricardo Caratti
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
        Hi Ken.
        My problem with Rocky is my internal sound card. It can work well with an external (USB) sound card.
        I am using 3.7. Now I am going to downgrade it to 3.6. Thanks.

        Thanks.
        Ricardo.
        PU2CLR.

        De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
        Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
          Hi Ken.
          Good to know about these behaviors. It also is occurring in my environment. I will downgrade it to 3.6.

          Many thanks.
          73.
          PU2CLR.

          De: Alan <alan4alan@...>