Re: [softrock40] How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX

  • Ricardo Caratti
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
      Hi Alan,
      I have no success in use PSDR. Much less patience.
      Even use it as a simple receiver is too complicated.
      The basic functionality like tuning is very difficult.
      HDSDR and Rocky are more user friendly.
      I have some problem with Rocky on WIndows 7. It is unstable there. But now I will try again with Rocky.

      Thanks so much.
      73.
      PU2CLR.

      De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
      Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 5 de Dezembro de 2012 12:29
      Assunto: Re: [softrock40] How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX

      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
        Ricardo

        I have found using Rocky 3.6 is much more stable than Rocky 3.7 with Win7
        Maybe you could try it.
        Ken M0XBK

        De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
        Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
        Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 5 de Dezembro de 2012 12:29

        ----- Original Message ----- Subject: [softrock40] How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX >The Ensemble RXTX circuit suggests a keyer function like an iambic. Am I right? I tryed set up a couple of push buttons to simulate paddles of an iambic. So I selected CW mode and turned on the TX on HDSDR and tried to work with CW. It will not work with HDSDR, it is not yet incorporated. I think it will with PSDR and Rocky. 73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Kenneth Hardy
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
          Ricardo

          Just realised that  Rocky 3.6 that I am using on my PC is in fact running under virtual XP
          - because of exactly the problem you experienced with  Rocky 3.7 on Win 7 - distorted
          audio and crackles on the CW signals.
          Rocky 3.7 sound crackles on Win 7 can be cleared by toggling between the
          view settings box and back to Rocky a few times until the sound distortion clears.
          (on my PC anyway).
          Of course Rocky 3.7 was released to support W7.
          Sorry about misleading you initially - I get confused in my old age.
          Ken M0XBK

          De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
          Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
            Hi Ken.
            My problem with Rocky is my internal sound card. It can work well with an external (USB) sound card.
            I am using 3.7. Now I am going to downgrade it to 3.6. Thanks.

            Thanks.
            Ricardo.
            PU2CLR.

            De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
            Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
              Hi Ken.
              Good to know about these behaviors. It also is occurring in my environment. I will downgrade it to 3.6.

              Many thanks.
              73.
              PU2CLR.

              De: Alan <alan4alan@...>