HDSDR with Ensemble II HF

  • Dave Sublette
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012
      If this is a duplicate post. please forgive me. I am in the middle of
      changing computers and it is chaotic around here. This is the computer
      that will talk to this group right now.

      I need someone to mentor me on installing HDSDR on a Mac computer using
      the crossover program.

      I got the job done, except the LO frequency won't control because
      (probably) PE0FKO usb driver and the ExtIO_Si570.dll files didn't get
      included. And now I don't know how to add them, nor do I know how to
      reinstall and be sure that these essential files are included.

      Presently, I am controlling frequency from a PC using the CFGSR program
      and looking at the HDSDR I and Q on the MAC! . How is that for a
      haywired setup?!

      Thanks,

      Dave, K4TO
    • Zack Widup
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012
        Hi Dave,

        I have never owned a Mac (well, I DID once own an Apple II). But for a
        Windows pc, you just find the ExtIO_Si570.dll file where the CFGSR
        software installed it (in PROGRAM FILES > CFGSR folder in my computer)
        and copy it into the directory where HDSDR is installed. If they
        didn't get included on your computer, maybe you can get them out of
        the installation package? Is the CFGSR installation program a zipped
        file?

        Hopefully this helps. I don't know how Mac's organize their programs
        and folders.

        By the way, last Saturday during my Microwave Activity Day activities
        I took my Softrock Ensemble II VHF receiver along and played with it,
        using it as a 144 MHz IF rig for my microwave transverters. As you
        told me, the results were quite impressive. I could copy some local
        beacons quite well. I should post a separate e-mail about this.

        73, Zack W9SZ

        On 12/5/12, Dave Sublette <k4to@...> wrote:
        > If this is a duplicate post. please forgive me. I am in the middle of
        > changing computers and it is chaotic around here. This is the computer
        > that will talk to this group right now.
        >
        > I need someone to mentor me on installing HDSDR on a Mac computer using
        > the crossover program.
        >
        > I got the job done, except the LO frequency won't control because
        > (probably) PE0FKO usb driver and the ExtIO_Si570.dll files didn't get
        > included. And now I don't know how to add them, nor do I know how to
        > reinstall and be sure that these essential files are included.
        >
        > Presently, I am controlling frequency from a PC using the CFGSR program
        > and looking at the HDSDR I and Q on the MAC! . How is that for a
        > haywired setup?!
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Dave, K4TO

      • Dave Sublette
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 5, 2012
          Thanks for the reply, Zack. I have the ExtIO file and the PE0FKO driver
          file in the folder with HDSDR.exe on the MAC Desktop already. The
          problem is all of these files are in PC format. Crossover is a program
          for the MAC that takes these file and does something to them to run them
          on the MAC. I *think* the problem is that Crossover only looks at one
          file at a time. It needs to look at the whole folder and run it all
          together. Otherwise, the frequency control feature gets left behind.

          I will keep plugging awayhee until I get something to work.

          Dave