How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX

  • Ricardo Caratti
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
      Hi everybody,

      The Ensemble RXTX circuit suggests a keyer function like an iambic. Am I right?
      I tryed set up a couple of push buttons to simulate paddles of an iambic.
      So I selected CW mode and turned on the TX on HDSDR and tried to work with CW.
      Nothing happened.

      I would like to know how can I work with CW on Softrock RXTX with HDSDR.

      73.
      PU2CLR.
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
        Subject: [softrock40] How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX

        >The Ensemble RXTX circuit suggests a keyer function like an iambic. Am I right?
        I tryed set up a couple of push buttons to simulate paddles of an iambic.
        So I selected CW mode and turned on the TX on HDSDR and tried to work with CW.

        It will not work with HDSDR, it is not yet incorporated.

        I think it will with PSDR and Rocky.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Ricardo Caratti
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
          Hi Alan,
          I have no success in use PSDR. Much less patience.
          Even use it as a simple receiver is too complicated.
          The basic functionality like tuning is very difficult.
          HDSDR and Rocky are more user friendly.
          I have some problem with Rocky on WIndows 7. It is unstable there. But now I will try again with Rocky.

          Thanks so much.
          73.
          PU2CLR.

          De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
          Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 5 de Dezembro de 2012 12:29
          Assunto: Re: [softrock40] How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX

          >The Ensemble RXTX circuit suggests a keyer function like an iambic. Am I right?
          I tryed set up a couple of push buttons to simulate paddles of an iambic.
          So I selected CW mode and turned on the TX on HDSDR and tried to work with CW.

          It will not work with HDSDR, it is not yet incorporated.

          I think it will with PSDR and Rocky.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ

        • Kenneth Hardy
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
            Ricardo

            I have found using Rocky 3.6 is much more stable than Rocky 3.7 with Win7
            Maybe you could try it.
            Ken M0XBK

            De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
            Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
            Enviadas: Quarta-feira, 5 de Dezembro de 2012 12:29

            ----- Original Message ----- Subject: [softrock40] How to Work with CW on Ensemble RXTX >The Ensemble RXTX circuit suggests a keyer function like an iambic. Am I right? I tryed set up a couple of push buttons to simulate paddles of an iambic. So I selected CW mode and turned on the TX on HDSDR and tried to work with CW. It will not work with HDSDR, it is not yet incorporated. I think it will with PSDR and Rocky. 73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • Kenneth Hardy
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
              Ricardo

              Just realised that  Rocky 3.6 that I am using on my PC is in fact running under virtual XP
              - because of exactly the problem you experienced with  Rocky 3.7 on Win 7 - distorted
              audio and crackles on the CW signals.
              Rocky 3.7 sound crackles on Win 7 can be cleared by toggling between the
              view settings box and back to Rocky a few times until the sound distortion clears.
              (on my PC anyway).
              Of course Rocky 3.7 was released to support W7.
              Sorry about misleading you initially - I get confused in my old age.
              Ken M0XBK

              De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
              Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
                Hi Ken.
                My problem with Rocky is my internal sound card. It can work well with an external (USB) sound card.
                I am using 3.7. Now I am going to downgrade it to 3.6. Thanks.

                Thanks.
                Ricardo.
                PU2CLR.

                De: Alan <alan4alan@...>
                Para: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 5, 2012
                  Hi Ken.
                  Good to know about these behaviors. It also is occurring in my environment. I will downgrade it to 3.6.

                  Many thanks.
                  73.
                  PU2CLR.

                  De: Alan <alan4alan@...>