HDSDR question

  • Zack Widup
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012
      I've been using HDSDR with my Softrock Ensemble II HF receiver. I've
      been very happy with this combination. I just spent a couple hours
      listening to various things with it. There are two CW pileups on 40
      meters right now. I used the recorder to record that segment of the
      band. I also tuned around to other parts of the spectrum. I know the
      HF version of the Ensemble II is not meant for the AM band, but I was
      able to listen to AM stations all the way down to 800 kHz with it.

      My question is about the bandwidth in LSB and USB modes. It appears in
      HDSDR the LSB bandwidth is about 4 kHz and the USB bandwidth is about
      2 kHz. I cannot figure out if there is a setting that allows you to
      change the bandwidth of these two modes. 4 kHz is a bit wide for my
      taste for LSB and I'd like to set it to 2 kHz, too, if possible. Can
      this be done?

      73, Zack W9SZ
    • MIKE DURKIN
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012
        If you see a water fall down to the right corner -- just grab the edge of the waterfall and slide it ....

        To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 4, 2012

          > I've been using HDSDR > My question is about the bandwidth in LSB and USB modes. It appears in
          > HDSDR the LSB bandwidth is about 4 kHz and the USB bandwidth is about
          > 2 kHz. I cannot figure out if there is a setting that allows you to
          > change the bandwidth of these two modes.

          Zack

          The red lines on the lower spectrum are the filter limits. You will not see the right one if zoomed in.
          Drag them.

          73 Alan G4ZFQ
        • Zack Widup
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
            Thanks Mike and Alan. I figured it was something simple I was overlooking. That works quite well!

            73, Zack W9SZ