RE: [softrock40] Filter designs

  • Anthony Casorso
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2012
      Thanks for these. I use AADE which is now freeware.

      http://aade.com/filter.htm

      No limits on the filter order. Interface is a little bit different but it works well.

      Tony

      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      From: w9sz.zack@...
      Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 16:57:42 -0600
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] Filter designs

      Hi Jim,

      I guess I should have noted that. I used ELSIE, which has a free version available that will allow up to seventh order designs. I verified the results with Ansoft Designer. The curves exactly matched those computed by Elsie.

      http://tonnesoftware.com/elsiedownload.html

      73, Zack W9SZ

      On Fri, Nov 30, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Jim Sanford <wb4gcs@...> wrote:

      Zack:
      Just curious, what tools did you use for the design?
      Thanks & 73,
      Jim
      wb4gcs@...

      On 11/30/2012 3:28 PM, Zack Widup wrote:

      Hi, I just uploaded some filter designs I did for the Softrock Ensemble II with the LF option. These should be improvements over the third-order filters that are part of the kits.

      I put them in a folder called W9SZ on the group webpage. There are two files - one is for fifth-order filters and the other is for seventh-order filters. You can see by the plots that the seventh-order designs have much sharper curves.

      73, Zack W9SZ

    • Jim Sanford
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2012
        Zack:
        I was hoping that would be your answer . .. have a purchased version of Elsie and love it.
        Thanks & 73,
        Jim
        wb4gcs@...