Ensemble II Receiver First Power... Help please...

  • Dave Cole
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2012
      Hi,

      Got the Ensemble II Receiver and HDSDR, powered it up, installed the
      driver, then installed HDSDR. Went through the start up steps in the
      document...

      The RX is working, (I can hear and see CW), but I can't change bands...
      The HDSDR software appears to be tuning. When I use the bandset to
      select say 75 Meters, I am getting CW in the 40 Meter ham band, while
      the freq indicator below the waterfall moves to 75 Meters... If I set
      the Bandset to select a any band, and adjust the freq on HDSDR, using
      the freq indicator and the mouse, the waterfall does not move showing
      frequency, (it does drop showing time), and the signals I see there stay
      put, CW on 40...

      The tuning indicator below the waterfall showing frequency moves, and I
      can drag around the tuner window, and that works... I just can't do
      major freq changes...

      I am hoping this has happened to someone prior to this, and I just
      forgot a step... Any ideas?

      --
      73's and Thanks,
      Dave
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 28, 2012
        Subject: [softrock40] Ensemble II Receiver First Power... Help please...

        > Got the Ensemble II Receiver and HDSDR, powered it up, installed the
        > driver, then installed HDSDR. Went through the start up steps in the
        > document...
        >
        > The RX is working, (I can hear and see CW), but I can't change bands...
        >
        > I am hoping this has happened to someone prior to this, and I just
        > forgot a step... Any ideas?

        Dave,

        You might say a few times!

        I think this is what you did not read "Copy the file ExtIO_Si570.dll file from the C:\Program Files (x86)\CFGSR\ExtIO_Si570
        directory to the
        C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR directory"

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Dave Cole
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
          Thank you sir... I'll set up and test tomorrow morning here in US...

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2012
            Hi Alan,

            Thank you, that was the issue... Now have it running on two machines...
            I have an image problem on one, but can't seem to null using the
            phase/Amplitude controls... More information to follow...

            What a cool device!