Re: [softrock40] Re: SDR Soundcards

  • Guy Johnson
    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 28, 2012
      Thanks for info. I have 2 chnl record
      and stereo out. Ra  Ra !!

      Guy Johnson/N4DEL

      West Volusia Amateur Radio Society
      DeLand Racing Pigeon Club
      Mid-Florida Pigeon Racing Combine
      Veggie zone 9A/9B
      http://bellsouthpwp2.net/n/4/n4gmu/

      "When all else fails"

      Everything will be fine in the end....
      If it is not fine, it is not the end...

      Some people confuse being healed, with being perfect.......

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 28, 2012
        Subject: Re: [softrock40] Re: SDR Soundcards

        > Many new laptops have dropped the line in capability that is required.
        > You can use the mic input if it is stereo and is attenuated properly.
        >
        > My new Lenovo W510 is one of these new laptops that does not have line-in.

        I suspect many new ones do have a proper line in configuration when the mixers are carefully examined.
        Even my Acer netbook has up to192KHz stereo, although the 192KHz is not usable for SDR.
        Most have dual purpose sockets. Line/Mic configurable.
        It seems Lenovo may use a different plug/socket http://pinoutsguide.com/HeadsetsHeadphones/lenovo_audio_pinout.shtml

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Leonard McGarity
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 29, 2012
          Someone observed, perhaps Alan, that at least some netbooks’ mike line in is really stereo, that is, accepts I/Q inputs. Tried my Aspire One D255 Win 7 Starter at this, and it worked with SDR-Radio and RX Ensemble II. Obviously performance differences between netbook and laptop, desktop, etc., but it did work. Link, WV4I
        • pauldebono@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 29, 2012
            If you use the mic in as line in, where would you stick your mic ?
            You have to use an internal mic of a pc, and if so, if you do not have one ?

            Is this a stupid question ???

            Paul

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 29, 2012

              > If you use the mic in as line in, where would you stick your mic ?
              > You have to use an internal mic of a pc, and if so, if you do not have one ?

              Paul,

              You cannot use the same soundcard for mic in and RX IQ in.
              You can use a cheap dongle for mic in and speaker out. The better system for the Softrock IQ signals.