Re: [softrock40] Signalink USB as sound interface for Softrock RxTx Ensemble ??

  • Roger Critchlow
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
      Does the Signalink USB have a stereo or mono audio interface?  I got the impression, looking at reviews, that it's a mono interface.   That won't work for an Ensemble RxTx.

      -- rec --

      On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:34 PM, joelweder <jweder@...> wrote:

      Hi all,

      I've seen one other posting asking this question but with no replies. A few others where it's hinted that a Signalink USB "might" work but nothing clear. Has anyone gotten a Softrock or other SDR talking with a Signalink USB rather than a traditional computer sound card?

      I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have a lot of free time or $$ these days so would prefer not to go down a dead-end path. (if that's what it is for some odd reason!)

      Joel VE6EI

    • David Turnbull
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
        Joel, the SignalLink will not work. It doesn't have stereo line-in.
        Have you looked at my Peaberry SDR? I think it's the cheapest and
        easiest solution if you don't already own SDR-compatible sound cards.

        73 David AE9RB
        http://AE9RB.com/

        On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM, joelweder <jweder@...> wrote:
        > I've seen one other posting asking this question but with no replies. A few others where it's hinted that a Signalink USB "might" work but nothing clear. Has anyone gotten a Softrock or other SDR talking with a Signalink USB rather than a traditional computer sound card?
        >
        > I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have a lot of free time or $$ these days so would prefer not to go down a dead-end path. (if that's what it is for some odd reason!)
        >
        > Joel VE6EI
      • Jabct1aos
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
          Hi  David
          Can a peaberry sdr work at 192 or evento 96????
          Thanks
          José

          Enviado de Samsung Mobile

          David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> escreveu:

          Joel, the SignalLink will not work. It doesn't have stereo line-in.
          Have you looked at my Peaberry SDR? I think it's the cheapest and
          easiest solution if you don't already own SDR-compatible sound cards.

          73 David AE9RB
          http://AE9RB.com/

          On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM, joelweder <jweder@...> wrote:
          > I've seen one other posting asking this question but with no replies. A few others where it's hinted that a Signalink USB "might" work but nothing clear. Has anyone gotten a Softrock or other SDR talking with a Signalink USB rather than a traditional computer sound card?
          >
          > I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have a lot of free time or $$ these days so would prefer not to go down a dead-end path. (if that's what it is for some odd reason!)
          >
          > Joel VE6EI

        • joelweder
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
            Thanks for the advice, David. Too bad I didn't ask BEFORE ordering a SoftRock Ensemble! It's already been shipped so I guess I'll use the sound card in my desktop PC when I want to play with it.

            Later if I get a bit more serious I might try the Peaberry. Sounds like a great idea to include the A/D conversion on the radio itself, avoiding the hassles.

            Joel VE6EI