Signalink USB as sound interface for Softrock RxTx Ensemble ??

  • joelweder
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
      Hi all,

      I've seen one other posting asking this question but with no replies. A few others where it's hinted that a Signalink USB "might" work but nothing clear. Has anyone gotten a Softrock or other SDR talking with a Signalink USB rather than a traditional computer sound card?

      I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have a lot of free time or $$ these days so would prefer not to go down a dead-end path. (if that's what it is for some odd reason!)

      Joel VE6EI
    • grahamg3zod
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012

        Hi Joel.  The Signalink has a mono audio input, so is unsuitable - there would be no image rejection.

        73 de Graham G3ZOD FISTS #8385
        http://fists.co.uk

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "joelweder" <jweder@...> wrote:
        > Hi all,
        >
        > I've seen one other posting asking this question but with no replies. A few others where it's hinted that a Signalink USB "might" work but nothing clear. Has anyone gotten a Softrock or other SDR talking with a Signalink USB rather than a traditional computer sound card?
        >
        > I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have a lot of free time or $$ these days so would prefer not to go down a dead-end path. (if that's what it is for some odd reason!)
        >
        > Joel VE6EI

      • Roger Critchlow

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
            Joel, the SignalLink will not work. It doesn't have stereo line-in.
            Have you looked at my Peaberry SDR? I think it's the cheapest and
            easiest solution if you don't already own SDR-compatible sound cards.

            73 David AE9RB
            http://AE9RB.com/

            On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM, joelweder <jweder@...> wrote:
            > I've seen one other posting asking this question but with no replies. A few others where it's hinted that a Signalink USB "might" work but nothing clear. Has anyone gotten a Softrock or other SDR talking with a Signalink USB rather than a traditional computer sound card?
            >
            > I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have a lot of free time or $$ these days so would prefer not to go down a dead-end path. (if that's what it is for some odd reason!)
            >
            > Joel VE6EI
          • Jabct1aos
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
              Hi  David
              Can a peaberry sdr work at 192 or evento 96????
              Thanks
              José

              Enviado de Samsung Mobile

              David Turnbull <dturnbull@...> escreveu:

              Joel, the SignalLink will not work. It doesn't have stereo line-in.
              Have you looked at my Peaberry SDR? I think it's the cheapest and
              easiest solution if you don't already own SDR-compatible sound cards.

              73 David AE9RB
              http://AE9RB.com/

              On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 11:34 AM, joelweder <jweder@...> wrote:
              > I've seen one other posting asking this question but with no replies. A few others where it's hinted that a Signalink USB "might" work but nothing clear. Has anyone gotten a Softrock or other SDR talking with a Signalink USB rather than a traditional computer sound card?
              >
              > I don't see why it wouldn't work, but I don't have a lot of free time or $$ these days so would prefer not to go down a dead-end path. (if that's what it is for some odd reason!)
              >
              > Joel VE6EI

            • joelweder
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 28, 2012
                Thanks for the advice, David. Too bad I didn't ask BEFORE ordering a SoftRock Ensemble! It's already been shipped so I guess I'll use the sound card in my desktop PC when I want to play with it.

                Later if I get a bit more serious I might try the Peaberry. Sounds like a great idea to include the A/D conversion on the radio itself, avoiding the hassles.

                Joel VE6EI