Building the Ensemble RXTX: Driver/PA transformers

  • pauldebono@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
      Am I correct in saying that the phasing on both the primary of T3 & Secondary of T4 are not as they should be on the Driver/PA circuit diagram ?

      Paul
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
        Subject: [softrock40] Building the Ensemble RXTX: Driver/PA transformers

        > Am I correct in saying that the phasing on both the primary of T3 & Secondary of T4 are not as they should be on the Driver/PA
        > circuit diagram ?

        Paul,

        http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/softrock_ensemble_isolation_transformers
        It is the PCB that is wrong. Not the schematic.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Blackacay
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
          dear sir,

          I'm building the ensemble also, and still learning about the transformers

          I have same question with Paul about the T3 & T4 and also T2 & T5... how is the dotted mark of coil, we should refer to schematic or pcb layout... because if we follow the schematic we should cross the hairpin of single wire turns (not the bifilar)...

          what g4zfg in the sites, only explain the T1 and T6 hairpin orientation related to dotted mark coil...

          anyone can explain ?

          adhi, yc0ccw

        • pauldebono@rocketmail.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012
            A phase connected to ground ?????

            Paul

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 26, 2012

              >> I have same question with Paul about the T3 & T4 and also T2 & T5... how is the dotted mark of coil, we should refer to schematic
              >> or pcb layout... because if we follow the schematic we should cross the hairpin of single wire turns (not the bifilar)...
              >
              > what g4zfg in the sites, only explain the T1 and T6 hairpin orientation related to dotted mark coil...

              adhi,

              The schematic is correct.

              There is an error on the RXTX board.
              The Ensemble RXTX needs one winding of T6 crossed.
              The picture I show is not the RXTX but an Ensemble RX. It just shows how T6 needs to be fitted.

              The board is correct for all other transformers.
              You do not need to consider the phasing. I had not noticed the dots on the schematic.
              The transformers just fit in the holes neatly, the way they are wound. No need to cross wires.

              73 Alan G4ZFQ