Automatic Antena Tunner for QRP with Android and Arduino

  • Ricardo Caratti
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2012
      Hello Everybody,

      I would like to share another video about my weekend project.
      This time I included a home-brew SWR meter to my antenna tuner controlled by Arduino and Android.
      I used the FT817-ND with an output power of 1/2 Watt and a home-brew magnetic loop antenna.
      The SWR is measured externally by a simple SWR meter for QRP mounted on a breadboard.

      For each movement of the capacitor of the antenna tuner, the Arduino logs the information obtained from the SWR meter as well the capacitor position.
      Once known position of the capacitor which results in lowest SWR, the tuning is performed.

      Next weekend I will test it with my Softrock RXTX for 10 meters.

      See my video on youtube: http://youtu.be/55bQ9xVWzuM

      73.
      PU2CLR.
      Ricardo.