HDSDR 2.15?

  • m0fmt
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
      Hi all

      Where can I get a copy of HDSDR 2.15 from please? Don't want 2.5.

      73 Pete MoFMT
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
          Hi Alan
          I didn't want to damn 2.5 out of ignorance that's why I asked the question that way hoping someone would just answer it directly. However since you asked I had 2.15 working fine using a stick DBV-T for general coverage SDR.
          However switching to 2.5 has messed up the whole set up in that the "Offset" calibration cannot be made to work. Having said that it does work after a fashion, but it's not as accurate as it is on 2.15 and appears arbitrary. Also I have to use a "Trick" method by using the IF off set. Like setting the IF QRG to zero Hz and then putting the IF for that read Up-converter LO into "OFF set" but it's still not accurate.
          As I said 2.15 works exactly as you would expect just measure the LO QRG, type it in and hey presto you have an accurate scale to the nearest 1/1000 Hz.
          But I have blown my original 2.15..... doh!!! .... :0(
          By the way I would like to use 2.5 because among other things it has a better waterfall resolution which appears to remove a critisism of the DVB-T bit rate resolution giving a clearer picture of the types of modulation. Like the Dits and Dahs in CW and the centre crossing modes being visible for mode identification.
          This may not be obvious to Soundcard ADC users who take it for granted as I have in the past.

          Still need to get a copy of 2.15?

          73 Pete M0FMT

          > Subject: [softrock40] HDSDR 2.15?
          >

          > > Where can I get a copy of HDSDR 2.15 from please? Don't want 2.5.
          > >

          > Pete,
          >
          > What is wrong with 2.5?
          >
          > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

        • warrenallgyer
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
            Hi Pete

            I found 2.13 in my files. Happy to email it to you if that will help.

            Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
              > I didn't want to damn 2.5 out of ignorance that's why I asked the question that way hoping someone would just answer it directly.
              > However since you asked I had 2.15 working fine using a stick DBV-T for general coverage SDR.

              Pete,

              I asked because I wondered what was wrong. The developers need to be told rather than people just going back. Send them feedback, I
              feel they will be responsive.
              I have used 2.5 a few times and not noticed any problems but I do not usually use a DVB stick with HDSDR.

              If you want it i have 2.15

              73 Alan G4ZFQ

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
                OK Alan and Warren

                Many thanks for the offers of help ... all is resolved I now have a copy of HDSDR 2.15 its installed and all is well again. Jack kindly sent me a copy. It has also been saved as a zipped file to be on the safe side.
                Developers (LC)have mailed me and I tried to explain what I was doing. I have not analysed the problem and put it down to my lack of knowledge. However using 2.15 as intuitively presented it worked but the same commands in 2.5 don't seem to work ... for me!

                The fact it's a DVB-t stick should not affect what I am doing as I am just off setting the dial frequency to allow for the use of an up - converter.

                Duno... I will play some more but have used a huge amount of time trying to get my head around it...... I have to say 2.5 is worth having for reasons previously stated so hope I can make it work... in the mean time I have 2.15 available thanks to Jack..... phew!

                Regards Pete M0FMT.

                > Subject: [softrock40] Re: HDSDR 2.15?
                >

                > > I didn't want to damn 2.5 out of ignorance that's why I asked the question that way hoping someone would just answer it directly.
                > > However since you asked I had 2.15 working fine using a stick DBV-T for general coverage SDR.
                >
                > Pete,
                >
                > I asked because I wondered what was wrong. The developers need to be told rather than people just going back. Send them feedback, I
                > feel they will be responsive.
                > I have used 2.5 a few times and not noticed any problems but I do not usually use a DVB stick with HDSDR.
                >
                > If you want it i have 2.15
                >
                > 73 Alan G4ZFQ
                >

                > > However switching to 2.5 has messed up the whole set up in that the "Offset" calibration cannot be made to work. Having said that
                > > it does work after a fashion, but it's not as accurate as it is on 2.15 and appears arbitrary. Also I have to use a "Trick" method
                > > by using the IF off set. Like setting the IF QRG to zero Hz and then putting the IF for that read Up-converter LO into "OFF set"
                > > but it's still not accurate.
                > > As I said 2.15 works exactly as you would expect just measure the LO QRG, type it in and hey presto you have an accurate scale to
                > > the nearest 1/1000 Hz.
                > > But I have blown my original 2.15..... doh!!! .... :0(
                > > By the way I would like to use 2.5 because among other things it has a better waterfall resolution which appears to remove a
                > > critisism of the DVB-T bit rate resolution giving a clearer picture of the types of modulation. Like the Dits and Dahs in CW and
                > > the centre crossing modes being visible for mode identification.
                > > This may not be obvious to Soundcard ADC users who take it for granted as I have in the past.
                > >
                > > Still need to get a copy of 2.15?

              • Michael O'Bannon
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
                  Alan,

                  Would you mind sending me v2.15 of HDSDR? I'm having problems
                  getting HDSDR to read a DVB stick. I know the stick works. I've
                  tried several re-installs with no success. I know others have had
                  success with previous verions, so I'd like to try that approach.

                  Thanks,
                  Michael KD4SGN

                  > Pete,
                  >
                  > I asked because I wondered what was wrong. The developers need to be told rather than people just going back. Send them feedback, I
                  > feel they will be responsive.
                  > I have used 2.5 a few times and not noticed any problems but I do not usually use a DVB stick with HDSDR.
                  >
                  > If you want it i have 2.15
                  >
                  > 73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • lc_hdsdr
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 24, 2012
                    Hi Michael,

                    we tested 2.50 with several RTL Dongles. With the E4000, FC0013 and the R920T tuner. It works with all of them.

                    * Which ExtIO are you using?
                    * Have you copied all necessary ExtIO files into the newly installed HDSDR directory? Reinstalled the ExtIO?
                    * Have you installed and configured Zadig (USB) drivers?

                    Would you try deleting the registry with the installed "delete_settings.cmd" which should be in the same program directory where the HDSDR.exe is installed.

                    kind regards,
                    LC

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Michael O'Bannon <mob@...> wrote:

                    > Alan,
                    >
                    > Would you mind sending me v2.15 of HDSDR? I'm having problems
                    > getting HDSDR to read a DVB stick. I know the stick works. I've
                    > tried several re-installs with no success. I know others have had
                    > success with previous verions, so I'd like to try that approach.
                    >
                    > Thanks,
                    > Michael KD4SGN
                    >
                    > > Pete,
                    > >
                    > > I asked because I wondered what was wrong. The developers need to be told rather than people just going back. Send them feedback, I
                    > > feel they will be responsive.
                    > > I have used 2.5 a few times and not noticed any problems but I do not usually use a DVB stick with HDSDR.
                    > >
                    > > If you want it i have 2.15
                    > >
                    > > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                  • Michael O'Bannon
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 25, 2012
                      LC,

                      Thanks very much for all your help in sorting out the difficulties
                      with the RTL Dongle. The problem was not with HDSDR at all. It
                      turned out to be a faulty USB extension cable. After replacing the
                      cable, HDSDR has performed flawlessly. I'm looking forward to using
                      it in the future. I'm impressed with both the software and the great
                      user support.

                      Best regards,
                      Michael KD4SGN