Re: HDSDR 2.50 released

  • pezcat19
    Message 1 of 16 , Nov 20, 2012
      Hello Ignacio (and others),

      I can not make this work. I am currently using the profile switch successfully, but no combination of Path/ExtIO that I try in the "Target" box (WinXP) will seem to work for me...

      Can you please copy and paste your entire target/switch combination so I can see how you made profiles and ExtIO selection work together?

      Thanks in advance,

      Perrin
      VK3XPT

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

      > LC,
      >
      > Thank you, it did the trick. I modified my shortcuts (one for an
      > Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts
      > automatically with the right configuration. To complete the thing I
      > would like to select different folders for user databases from the
      > profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
      > Thank you again.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Ignacio, EB4APL

    • EB4APL
      Message 2 of 16 , Nov 20, 2012
        Hi,
        According to the response from "lc_hdsdr" on this thread, Path is not a switch keyword, just enter the name of the file if it is in the HPSDR folder or the full path if it is in another place.
        Here are the two direct accesses that I use. My ExtIO files are on the HPSDR directory, so the paths are just the file names.

        "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT
        (TDT is my profile name for the DVB dongle)

        "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_Si570.dll -p HF
        (HF is my profile name for the Softrock Assemble II HF rig)

        I hope this is what you need.
        I suppose that the ExtIO paths could not be included in the profile because they are loaded before the profile takes effect.

        73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

        On 20/11/2012 10:07, pezcat19 wrote:

        Hello Ignacio (and others),

        I can not make this work. I am currently using the profile switch successfully, but no combination of Path/ExtIO that I try in the "Target" box (WinXP) will seem to work for me...

        Can you please copy and paste your entire target/switch combination so I can see how you made profiles and ExtIO selection work together?

        Thanks in advance,

        Perrin
        VK3XPT

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

        > LC,
        >
        > Thank you, it did the trick. I modified my shortcuts (one for an
        > Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts
        > automatically with the right configuration. To complete the thing I
        > would like to select different folders for user databases from the
        > profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
        > Thank you again.
        >
        > Best regards,
        > Ignacio, EB4APL

      • pezcat19
        Message 3 of 16 , Nov 20, 2012
          Hi Ignacio.

          Thanks for the information. It is working for me now!

          The problem was that I had the ExtIO switch AFTER the profile.. It appears that you must load the profile LAST or it does not work.

          eg;

          Does not work: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" -p TDT ExtIO_USRP.dll

          Works: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT

          Thanks again!

          Perrin

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          > According to the response from "lc_hdsdr" on this thread, Path is not a
          > switch keyword, just enter the name of the file if it is in the HPSDR
          > folder or the full path if it is in another place.
          > Here are the two direct accesses that I use. My ExtIO files are on the
          > HPSDR directory, so the paths are just the file names.
          >
          > "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT
          > (TDT is my profile name for the DVB dongle)
          >
          > "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_Si570.dll -p HF
          > (HF is my profile name for the Softrock Assemble II HF rig)
          >
          > I hope this is what you need.
          > I suppose that the ExtIO paths could not be included in the profile
          > because they are loaded before the profile takes effect.
          >
          > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
          >

          > On 20/11/2012 10:07, pezcat19 wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello Ignacio (and others),
          > >
          > > I can not make this work. I am currently using the profile switch
          > > successfully, but no combination of Path/ExtIO that I try in the
          > > "Target" box (WinXP) will seem to work for me...
          > >
          > > Can you please copy and paste your entire target/switch combination so
          > > I can see how you made profiles and ExtIO selection work together?
          > >
          > > Thanks in advance,
          > >
          > > Perrin
          > > VK3XPT
          > >

          > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
          > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, EB4APL <eb4apl@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > LC,
          > > >
          > > > Thank you, it did the trick. I modified my shortcuts (one for an
          > > > Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts
          > > > automatically with the right configuration. To complete the thing I
          > > > would like to select different folders for user databases from the
          > > > profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
          > > > Thank you again.
          > > >
          > > > Best regards,
          > > > Ignacio, EB4APL

        • EB4APL
          Message 4 of 16 , Nov 20, 2012
            Hi Perrin,

            Good to know that, I choose to put it there by chance.  I think that it would be useful to inform the programmers (lc_hdsdr@...) because they usually don't check the list very often.

            73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

            On 21/11/2012 0:10, pezcat19 wrote:

            Hi Ignacio.

            Thanks for the information. It is working for me now!

            The problem was that I had the ExtIO switch AFTER the profile.. It appears that you must load the profile LAST or it does not work.

            eg;

            Does not work: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" -p TDT ExtIO_USRP.dll

            Works: "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT

            Thanks again!

            Perrin

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, EB4APL <eb4apl@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            > According to the response from "lc_hdsdr" on this thread, Path is not a
            > switch keyword, just enter the name of the file if it is in the HPSDR
            > folder or the full path if it is in another place.
            > Here are the two direct accesses that I use. My ExtIO files are on the
            > HPSDR directory, so the paths are just the file names.
            >
            > "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_USRP.dll -p TDT
            > (TDT is my profile name for the DVB dongle)
            >
            > "C:\Program Files (x86)\HDSDR\HDSDR.exe" ExtIO_Si570.dll -p HF
            > (HF is my profile name for the Softrock Assemble II HF rig)
            >
            > I hope this is what you need.
            > I suppose that the ExtIO paths could not be included in the profile
            > because they are loaded before the profile takes effect.
            >
            > 73 de Ignacio, EB4APL
            >

            > On 20/11/2012 10:07, pezcat19 wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello Ignacio (and others),
            > >
            > > I can not make this work. I am currently using the profile switch
            > > successfully, but no combination of Path/ExtIO that I try in the
            > > "Target" box (WinXP) will seem to work for me...
            > >
            > > Can you please copy and paste your entire target/switch combination so
            > > I can see how you made profiles and ExtIO selection work together?
            > >
            > > Thanks in advance,
            > >
            > > Perrin
            > > VK3XPT
            > >

            > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com
            > > <mailto:softrock40%40yahoogroups.com>, EB4APL <eb4apl@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > LC,
            > > >
            > > > Thank you, it did the trick. I modified my shortcuts (one for an
            > > > Ensemble II HF and other for a DVB dongle VHF&UHF) and now both starts
            > > > automatically with the right configuration. To complete the thing I
            > > > would like to select different folders for user databases from the
            > > > profile, but I realize that each thing at its time.
            > > > Thank you again.
            > > >
            > > > Best regards,
            > > > Ignacio, EB4APL

            __.

          • Hide
            Message 5 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
              The latest version works well in RX, now I'm trying to TX but
              the setting procedure is confusing.
              Is there any help about how to setting the TX of CW?
              The TX button appears and I push it but no TX in CW mode...

              Any suggestion welcome!

              ja9mat Hidehiko.

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "lc_hdsdr" <lc_hdsdr@...> wrote:

              > Hi all,
              >
              > as told in subject:
              >
              > HDSDR Version 2.50 (30 October 2012)
              > - better CPU utilization
              > - better WFM (mono) workaround with 96kHz output samplerate
              > - improved image rejection
              > - ECSS improved
              > - offset per mode (SDR on IF output)
              > - CW-LSB for sync with analog radio
              > - new command line option "Path\ExtIO_xyz.DLL" for ExtIO-DLL selection
              > - enhanced recording scheduler
              > - enhanced multi-monitor support
              > - CW pitch frequency adjustable with mouseclick on pitch-text
              > alternatively with mousewheel on the pitch-text
              > - fixes and improvements for Omni-Rig
              > - some small fixes and improvements

            • edingraham
              Message 6 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                also press Enter

                73, Ed WX4S

                Message 7 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                  Thanks...but still no PTT and Paddle response.
                  I should study how to set the OMNIRIG. hi

                  ja9mat

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "edingraham" <edingraham@...> wrote:

                  > also press Enter
                  >
                  > 73, Ed WX4S
                  >
                  > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Hide" <qrper72@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > The latest version works well in RX, now I'm trying to TX but
                  > > the setting procedure is confusing.
                  > > Is there any help about how to setting the TX of CW?
                  > > The TX button appears and I push it but no TX in CW mode...
                  > >
                  > > Any suggestion welcome!
                  > >
                  > > ja9mat Hidehiko.
                  > >
                  > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "lc_hdsdr" <lc_hdsdr@> wrote:
                  > > >

                  > > > Hi all,
                  > > >
                  > > > as told in subject:
                  > > >
                  > > > HDSDR Version 2.50 (30 October 2012)
                  > > > - better CPU utilization
                  > > > - better WFM (mono) workaround with 96kHz output samplerate
                  > > > - improved image rejection
                  > > > - ECSS improved
                  > > > - offset per mode (SDR on IF output)
                  > > > - CW-LSB for sync with analog radio
                  > > > - new command line option "Path\ExtIO_xyz.DLL" for ExtIO-DLL selection
                  > > > - enhanced recording scheduler
                  > > > - enhanced multi-monitor support
                  > > > - CW pitch frequency adjustable with mouseclick on pitch-text
                  > > > alternatively with mousewheel on the pitch-text
                  > > > - fixes and improvements for Omni-Rig
                  > > > - some small fixes and improvements

                • warrenallgyer
                  Message 8 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                    I am just bring 2.50 up this morning and trying transmit for the first time using Ensemble RXTX. It seems to me the transmit IQ signals are reversed, at least reversed from where I expect them. My rigs are all set for Rocky transmit and HDSDR appears to be opposite phase. And as far as I can tell neither software has a soft switch to reverse transmit IQ.

                    Am I missing something?

                    Warren Allgyer - W8TOD

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "lc_hdsdr" <lc_hdsdr@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all,
                    >
                    > as told in subject:
                    >
                    > HDSDR Version 2.50 (30 October 2012)
                    > - better CPU utilization
                    > - better WFM (mono) workaround with 96kHz output samplerate
                    > - improved image rejection
                    > - ECSS improved
                    > - offset per mode (SDR on IF output)
                    > - CW-LSB for sync with analog radio
                    > - new command line option "Path\ExtIO_xyz.DLL" for ExtIO-DLL selection
                    > - enhanced recording scheduler
                    > - enhanced multi-monitor support
                    > - CW pitch frequency adjustable with mouseclick on pitch-text
                    > alternatively with mousewheel on the pitch-text
                    > - fixes and improvements for Omni-Rig
                    > - some small fixes and improvements

                  • MIKE DURKIN
                    Message 9 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                      Check the menu while Tx is enabled (while Tx'ing) ... same place as Rx ....

                      Mike KC7NOA

                      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
                      From: allgyer@...
                      Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2012 01:22:17 +0000
                      Subject: [softrock40] Re: HDSDR 2.50 released

                      Message 10 of 16 , Nov 21, 2012
                        Thank you Mike! Works like a charm. I feel pretty stupid but a lot less than if I had already changed the jumpers on five RXTX!

                        I cannot believe this works: Netbook, HDSDR, 30/20/17 RXTX, and a USB headset. Perfect sounding SSB, full transceiver operation..... unbelievable.

                        I have been using the Softrocks on digital modes for almost two years...and I knew in theory it should work on SSB but I never tried. These little things just continue to amaze.

                        Thanks again for your help.

                        Warren Allgyer - W8TOD