Re: [softrock40] Re: What software should I use, and how should I configure

  • Ulf Holt
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 19, 2012
      Hi Tim.

      Didn't see your reply until now!

      Amateur radio is now legal in Thailand, but for Norwegian citizens there is no hope so far. Sweeden has an agreament with Thailand so you can get a Thai license, but so far NRRL, the Norwegian equivalent to ARRL, has done very litle in this field. I am, of course, allowed to use a receiver, and if I apply for membership in the Thai organization, I am allowed to use their club stations, but I think I'll pass.

      You must have been working in Thaland, since you lived close to Silom Road. My wife and I started to visit Thailand more than 25 years ago, and we love this country. We spend most of the winter time here, so we will not return to Norway until March 25.th.

      73

      Ulf

      2012/11/17 Tim G3PJD <jet.noise@...>

      Ulf

      Good luck in China Town. I used to live just off Silom Road near the Dusit Hotel! Amateur Radio was illegal in Thailand at the time.

      73

      Tim

      G3PJD/HS1AKR