Announcing Peaberry Service and Support

  • David Turnbull
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2012
      All Peaberry radios are now shipping with the latest firmware
      announced last week. With this out of the way, I've been able to turn
      my attention to support and documentation.

      Repair and testing services are now available. The checkup service
      includes a firmware update and will be on sale until the end of the
      month.

      I've changed to a different store software and added a support forum
      on the AE9RB.com website. I'll try to answer questions here too, but
      some weeks the volume of messages here is overwhelming. The new
      support forum will ensure your Peaberry issue isn't lost in the noise.

      Many people have asked for built radios. The new store software has a
      "notify me..." option which I will use to announce when these are
      available. Be aware that only four built radios have ever been sold
      and it is not my intention to make these regularly available. I've got
      a few more in the queue, but after that the wait could be many months.

      I encourage other people to offer construction and repair services.
      Feel free to use the support forum to advertise your Peaberry services
      or need for kit building. If you are interested in finding a builder
      or finding people who need services, you *must* put yourself out there
      and let people know.

      My next project will be documentation. There's a pretty large hump to
      overcome when first getting started with homebrew SDR. Eliminating the
      sound card problem is a great start. Getting software running for the
      first time is still a daunting task.

      73 David AE9RB
      http://AE9RB.com/