RE: [softrock40] Issue with Voltage on SoftRock Lite II

  • CJ McKinney
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 17, 2012

      Thanks for the initial feedback Alan.  I went through and did an inspection of the board and found no problematic soldering or shorts and all components appear to be the correct values.  Then went through and recorded the voltages along all of the circuits to help give a clearer picture of what is happening.  Maybe there is something here I am missing:

      These DC voltages are all taken with respect to ground at the hairpin of the component or on the pin of the IC.

      D1 – 12.7V

      R11 – 5.04V

      R12 – 2.35V

      R13 – 0V

      R14 – 1.79V

      R15 – 4.77V

      R16 – 0V

      R17 – 96mV

      U2-1 – 5.04V

      U2-2 – 0V

      U2-3 – 100.4mV

      U2-4 – 5.04V

      U2-5 – 5.04V

      U2-6 – 0V

      U2-7 – 0V

      U2-8 – 5.04V

      U2-9 – 0V

      U2-10 – 5.04V

      U2-11 – 99.7mV

      U2-12 – 0V

      U2-13 – 5.04V

      U2-14 – 5.05V

      I also get a very clear 19.68Mhz signal on my handheld from the crystal.  I do not get a beat signal on the 4.92Mhz that I would expect if the dividers were functional.  To me it seems that the breakdown is at the LO output on the collector of Q2 or there is not drive from the oscillator to run the dividers.  Hopefully this can help with identification of the issue as I am stumped.

      73, --CJ KC0JM