Is it working or not.....

  • hughiep
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 17, 2012
      Hi all built the rx side of the rxtx ensemble...but it doesn't appear to hear anything, I have built the 10,12 and 15 version...I once tx into my 817 and could just about hear myself through the ensemble....all the voltages were ok through the build stages...ime not sure if it could be hdsdr.....rocky wont run...hdsdr gives me a waterfall and gives out white noise but not ssb or cw.....anyone else have this problem....??
      Oh and cfgsr appears to be talking to the board.

      any help appreciated

      Hughie

      M0HMS
    • Parks, Tony
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 17, 2012
        Hi Hughie,

        From sfgsr do you have the BPF function disabled? (The BPF is enabled for the RX Ensemble II receiver, but not for the RXTX Ensemble transceiver.)

        Also, are the TX LP filter components mounted on your circuit board since the RX signal does connect through this filter.

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG

        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 18, 2012
          A little bit more if I connect it to my pc it can be heard on my 817..infact its very loud and wipes the band out..it appears to tune ok with cfgsr.....but still no audio so ime still looking !!

          cheers

          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 18, 2012
            Subject: [softrock40] Is it working or not.....

            > rx side of the rxtx ensemble...but it doesn't appear to hear anything, I have built the 10,12 and 15 version...I once tx into my
            > 817 and could just about hear myself through the ensemble....

            Hughie,

            Many times bad sensitivity is due to bad soldering of the coil wires.
            Or, maybe, getting the transformer wires in the wrong holes.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • hughiep
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 19, 2012
              Tony

              which components am I looking for :

              Also, are the TX LP filter components mounted on your circuit board since the RX signal does connect through this filter.

              cheers.

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Parks, Tony" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

              > Hi Hughie,
              >
              > From sfgsr do you have the BPF function disabled? (The BPF is enabled for
              > the RX Ensemble II receiver, but not for the RXTX Ensemble transceiver.)
              >
              > Also, are the TX LP filter components mounted on your circuit board since
              > the RX signal does connect through this filter.
              >
              > 73,
              > Tony KB9YIG
              >
              > On Sat, Nov 17, 2012 at 9:55 AM, hughiep <hughiep@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >

              > > Hi all built the rx side of the rxtx ensemble...but it doesn't appear to
              > > hear anything, I have built the 10,12 and 15 version...I once tx into my
              > > 817 and could just about hear myself through the ensemble....all the
              > > voltages were ok through the build stages...ime not sure if it could be
              > > hdsdr.....rocky wont run...hdsdr gives me a waterfall and gives out white
              > > noise but not ssb or cw.....anyone else have this problem....??
              > > Oh and cfgsr appears to be talking to the board.
              > >
              > > any help appreciated
              > >
              > > Hughie
              > >
              > > M0HMS

            • hughiep
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 20, 2012
                Can anyone point me at the components that make up the TX LP filter on the ensemble txrx that Tony mentions please....my build is obviously on hold at the mo...and ime not sure what ime looking for.

                Thanks.

                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 20, 2012
                  Subject: [softrock40] Re: Is it working or not.....

                  > Can anyone point me at the components that make up the TX LP filter on the ensemble txrx that Tony mentions please....my build is
                  > obviously on hold at the mo...and ime not sure what ime looking for.

                  Are you following Robby's instructions?
                  Without looking I know that when he says put an antenna on then it is ready to work.

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • KQ8M
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 20, 2012

                    It is in the external; connections section of the build instructions.

                    73,

                    Tim Herrick, KQ8M

                    Charter Member North Coast Contesters

                    kq8m@...

                    AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 20, 2012
                      If they are the instructions from the web site yes..and the voltages have been fine during the test/build...that's why ime baffled.

                      cheers

                      Hughie

                      m0hms