Re: Jmonitor and the latest GIT of ghpsdr3-alex

  • n8mdp
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 17, 2012
      Andrea,

      I isolated the problem I am having. The "Client: invalid buffer_type" error is generated on John Melton's Client.java file component of jmonitor. It is a result of the buffer_type not equaling 0 for SPECTRUM_BUFFER and 1 for AUDIO_BUFFER. I am getting buffer types such as:

      run:
      opened client socket on port 8000
      Client: invalid buffer_type 119
      Client: invalid buffer_type 241
      Client: invalid buffer_type 100
      Client: invalid buffer_type 200
      Client: invalid buffer_type 228

      Using NetBeans, I can step by step debug the code as it is executing and monitor the buffer_type at is inputted by the command buffer_type=inputSTream.read(); command

      So there is something in the protocol in the latest version of the ghpsdr3-alex code that jmonitor doesn't agree with. I will be reviewing the Connection.cpp code to see if I can determine where the problem is. But if you have some information that could help me, I would appreciate it. I am not the best C++ coder but I can usually figure things out. Perhaps it is just my lack of knowledge of how the data is passed between the dspserver / Connection.cpp code and into jmonitor.

      Best Regards.
      John
      N8MDP