Testing on a Mac with OS X

  • anthonyswyatt
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012
      I am in the middle of building a Softrock ensemble RXTX and am to the point that I need to start doing software tests. I would rather not install a windows VM just for testing. Has anyone successfully tested step 3? http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/03_lo.htm on a Mac?
    • Julio Jimenez
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012
        Will usbsoftrock compile on os x?  I used it in Linux.  Its a command line tool.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012
          http://code.google.com/p/sdr-shell/

          Worth looking at :-)

          72 DE AK4VL
          Julio Jimenez

          On Friday, November 16, 2012, anthonyswyatt wrote:

          I am in the middle of building a Softrock ensemble RXTX and am to the point that I need to start doing software tests. I would rather not install a windows VM just for testing. Has anyone successfully tested step 3? http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/03_lo.htm on a Mac?

        • mparkinson1
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012
            I was in the middle of buliding another soft rock kit and I just ran out of Twinkees and Ding dongs Now I will never be able to finish this kit.
            A day without Hostee cup cakes and twinkee is like a day with out another Soft rock kit to build this is really a tough day for all of us.
            Keep those kit going love them all.
            Matt Parkinson Military Equipment & R 390A Depot Center
          • Ricardo Caratti
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 16, 2012
              Hi Julio.

              I use the Softrock-USB-Controller for MAC OSX with success on my MacBook Pro.

              I also posted some videos showing Softrock-USB-Controller working:

              73,
              PU2CLR.
              Ricardo.

              De: Julio Jimenez <ak4vl.qrp@...>
              Para: "softrock40@yahoogroups.com" <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
              Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 16 de Novembro de 2012 22:37
              Assunto: Re: [softrock40] Testing on a Mac with OS X

              Will usbsoftrock compile on os x?  I used it in Linux.  Its a command line tool.

              On Friday, November 16, 2012, anthonyswyatt wrote:

              I am in the middle of building a Softrock ensemble RXTX and am to the point that I need to start doing software tests. I would rather not install a windows VM just for testing. Has anyone successfully tested step 3? http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/03_lo.htm on a Mac?

            • glenoverby
              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 17, 2012
                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Julio Jimenez <ak4vl.qrp@...> wrote:

                > Will usbsoftrock compile on os x? I used it in Linux. Its a command line
                > tool.

                Yes. I don't recall it even needing any changes.

                Glen, kc0iyt